Chapter 4

"I..."

"I'm sorry,"

"You're what? Did I hear you correctly?" 

"Shut up," he said, his face turning red. I smiled and got up and walked up to him. "Thank you but please, don't say anything at school," I said softly. He smiled at me and it wasn't his normal evil smile, it was a real one. It was adorab- no. Stop it. This is Jungkook we're talking about. I sudden;y felt arms around me and froze. Oh god. No. Stop. Push him away. I pushed Jungkook off of me and turned away. "That doesn't mean I like you. I hope you know that" I said. "But you will like me at some point," Jungkook said before walking out.

I sat on my bed, thinking about what just happened. Jungkook just hugged me. He smiled at me. Oh my god. Is the world coming to an end? "Austin!" I yelled. I needed to tell him what was going on. Austin entered my room and looked at me. "The world is coming to an end! Jungkook just hugged me!" I said dramatically. "Why is that a bad thing?" he asked. "I hate him, he hates me! I even cussed at him!" I said, now pacing back and forth. "Why do you hate him?" he asked. "Because he caused me to skip class and get de- crap. I said too much," I said, my voice becoming a whisper. "He did what?!" Austin said, grabbing my arm.

I yanked my arm away from him. "Nothing. He did nothing. I caused myself to skip class and get detention for three days," I said quickly. "Now, get out," I continued, pushing him out of my room. I shut the door and locked it. I sat down on my bed and sighed. I laid down and soon fell asleep.

______________________________________

I woke up to my alarm and crawled out of bed. Today I was going to ask why Jungkook hugged me. I quickly got dressed. I put on a black and white plaid shirt with light blue ripped jeans. I put on my black converse and ran downstairs. I grabbed my bag and left the house. I drove off, wanting to see Jungkook as soon as possible. Once I parked in the school parking lot I quickly got out of the car. I looked around and saw the group of guys and bolted over to them. "Jungkook. I need to talk to you," I said and they all looked at me.

They then looked at Jungkook and smirked. I grabbed his wrist, not waiting for him to respond. I pulled him into the school and into the lunch room. No one was there yet so we were ok. "What do you want Kitten?" he asked, winking. "I want to know why you hugged me last night," I said, ignoring the fact that he called me Kitten. "Because I want to make things right between us. But, you seem to not care when I call you Kitten," he said smiling. "Go ahead, call me Kitten," I said. "But, is there a reason you want to make things right?" I asked. "Yes but, I'm not going to tell you now," he said and walked out.

I followed him but turned the opposite way, heading to my locker. This was going to be an interesting day. I grabbed my stuff from my locker and went to class. I sat down and looked at my phone. I didn't even notice Jungkook sitting behind me. "Y/N," he said, tapping my shoulder. I turned to look at him, shocked to see such softness in his eyes. "Yes?" I responded. "Thank you," he said smiling. "For what?" I asked.

"For forgiving me for the way I acted. I was being a b*tch and you didn't deserve that," Jungkook explained. I nodded and smiled before turning around. Why the crap was he being so nice?

~Jungkook's POV~

I hope this works. Y/N can be really nice, I witnessed it myself. She went out of her way and got herself detention for us. Being nice to her shouldn't be too hard, right? I didn't want to go anywhere without her. But, I couldn't tell her now. I've been a b*tch and she didn't deserve that. I regret being the way I was. I was going to make it up to her. I promise.

After class, I stopped Y/N. "Hey, umm, is there anything I can do to make it up to you for being a jerk?" I asked. "I don't know," she said. "Well, what do you like?" I asked, nervously. "I like books, kittens, walks through the park, sunsets, sunrises, and tea," she continued. "Ok, Well, I could take you on a walk through the park as friends," I said shrugging. "Ok, you can pick me up at seven," she said and walked away. "Ok, you got this," I said to myself as I walked down the hall.

______________________________________

It was now six fifty-four and I walked up to YN's door. I knocked three times and she opened the door. "Let's go before my brother flips," she said and shut the door. We walked down the street until we got to the park. We stopped and took a drink of water that we both got on the way. We continued walking in silence, every now and then our shoulders would brush. "Y/N, thank you for doing this with me. I really wanted to make it up to you," I said looking at her. "You're welcome," she said.

I looked at the time and realized it was seven thirty. "Oh, we should head home. It's almost eight," I said and we turned around. I walked her home before going to my apartment. Once I got there I saw Jimin passed out on the couch, a bottle of beer in his hands. I sighed. Jimin always did this to himself and would say he's fine the next day. Not to mention this was underage drinking. I took the bottle and threw it away before walking to my bed.

I laid down and stared out the window. I watched as the once bright sky faded into black. The sky was like life. Nothing stays bright forever.