Flesh, Blood and Bone

Start from the beginning

Neither of them could make out the face of the stranger, however, by the way he or she walked, they were cradling something in their arms. As the hooded figure approached, Harry thought that the thing in the persons arms looked like a baby.

And then, without warning, Harry's scar exploded with pain. His wand slipped from his fingers as he brought his hands to the source of the pain. His knees buckled beneath him; being blinded by the pain. Kakashi was by his side in an instant, concerned about Harry's off behavior.

"Harry, are you alright?" Cedric asked also worried, he had never seen Harry act like this before.

"Just get back to the cup!" Harry shouted through the immense pain.

Kakashi looked at the figure menacingly, the lighting around the strangers face brightening. It was the same man who had cast the spell that killed the Death Eater in the Forbiden Forest. The very same men who were plotting Harry's demise. Kakashi stood up and charged towards the man he remembered to be called Peter Petigrew, expertly aiming his tanto.

"Incarcerous!" Petigrew shouted, hitting Kakashi directly with the spell. Thick black cords snaked their way around Kakashi's arms, torso and legs, preventing any and all movements, strangling him. The cords tightened with every attempt he made to escape the bonds. Finally, the cords moved to his neck, choking the air out of him, silencing his movements.

"Who are you and what do you want!?" Cedric demanded the figure, raising his wand threateningly.

"Kill the spare." A weak voice sounded.

"Avada Kedavra!"

A bright green light blazed out of Petigrew's wand, hitting Cedric in the chest. Harry watched in horror as Cedric landed on the ground spread-
eagled with a heavy thud... lifeless. Fear, anger and pain raced across his mind, tears threatened to poor out of his eyes, fogging his vision.

Kakashi struggled against his bonds even more, causing his skin to break against the tight thick cords. He watched as Petigrew raised his wand towards Harry, causing the boy to levitate. The statue of the Angel of Death moved it's scythe to entrap Harry, holding him up. Wormtail put down the bundle he was carying, moving back up towards the house in a great haste.

Harry looked down at Cedric's pale face, his eyes lay open, cold and dead. His handsome face was expressionless, his mouth half-open in a surprised gap. He watched as Kakashi fought against the bonds that sought to take away his life. He looked paler than usual, his breath comming out in short laybored heaves. Kakashi's attempts at escape lessened, as he was deprived of less and less oxygen.

Wormtail moved quickly and silently, returning from the house dragging back a large stone cauldron, which contents seemed to be filled with a liquid clear as water. Petigrew withdrew his wand from his cloak, summoning fire beneath the cauldron, the liquid instantly beginning to boil.

"Hurry!" The same weak voice commanded. Harry saw Wormtail flinch, moving to pick up the bundle of blankets. Wormtail unwrapped the blankets to reveal the most ugly creature in existance. The thing had the shape of a crouched human child, it's limbs were thin and grossly pale. Except, it was anything less like a child, it was hairless and scaly looking, it's flesh raw and inflamed. Petigrew dropped the horrid looking creature into the boiling cauldron. Harry had the thought to argue against Wormtails actions, speaking out for the deformed child, but thought better of it. Whatever the thing was that Wormtail dropped into the cauldron was surely something dark and dangerous.