Chapter 8.

Daniel's pov.

I walk quietly to the Law building , my eyes on my shoes . The black material seems very fascinating , I look up and see a group of girls walking pass me giggling loudly on something they were having a conversation about . I remember being this happy , I remember walking and laughing in a group with my friends . Believe it or not I was the happy carefree guy , who made jokes here and there . I was that friend that always looked good . With the outfit and all .

Things started to change after my mistake , yes that is what I call it . I regret what I did everyday possibly more and more everyday . I stopped talking to my "friends" they tried first to get something out of me but stopped trying altogether . Like it just stopped , the jokes , the parties , the get togethers , the car races , everything just stopped for me . I still see them or hear them doing all of these things but I never have the energy or confidence to join them .

"watch it bitch" a voice says which breaks me out of my trance , I look around to find that that voice wasn't directed towards me . The scene infront of me was a girl on the ground with two girls towering over her as she grabbed her stuff that had fallen on the ground , maybe they pushed her? or maybe she fell. 

"s..sorry" She stutters realization hits me . That is Maya ! I rush to aid her when the girls spot me they look at me as if they are disgusted "ugh look who it is gloomy boy" one of them says ,I ignore her comment and help Maya with her things she looks at me and gives me a smile but fails miserably as tears start to well up in her eyes

"thanks" she says quietly when the girls leave , she looks different today maybe it's the dress , the silky white dress she is wearing makes her look younger, her hair is pulled away from her face but still flowing behind her , she looks like how Catherine used to look .

We get up and walk to class in silence .

"can I ask you something?" she says

"yea?"

"why are always so sad , I remember seeing you different like alot different when I first moved her" she says and I am suprised that she can talk that much in a sentence .

"uh I don't know , I made a mistake that's what changed me" I say and scratch my neck out of habit .

"a big mistake?" she asks.

"a huge mistake" I tell her 

"I don't want to get too personal "

"no it's fine" I tell her suprisingly I don't feel bad at all 

"do you have a home to stay" she says and then flinches as if she didn't wanted to say that .

I answer her anyway "I do , do I look that bad?" 

"I thought maybe it had something to do with you losing something" she says , her cheeks are glowing due to the bright sunlight .

"I..I did lost something" I tell her my voice cracks .

"I did too" she says and looks down .

we reach the law building I walk behind her through the door , we sit on our seats my seat happens to be two rows behind her , during class I keep staring at her the way her lips are slightly parted when she listens to the lecturer or the way how she keeps writing down after every two minutes , this girl seems like a mystery , and I want to solve it . 

when class ends I call her name but she doesn't answer and keeps on walking so I give her the space that she needs .Dax joins me in the cafeteria , he throws his bag on the table and sits down next to me .

He sighs dramatically probably wanting my attention , I keep my eyes fixed on my half eaten salad , a meal that I had in two days . He sighs again this time louder ,

"what" I ask him still staring at my meal , as if it would finish just by me looking at it .

"I got some information about Mia" he says

"Maya" I correct him

"yeah whatever , well you know that.."

"I don't want to get involved in this kind of shit I don't have the energy Dax" I cut him off .

"well don't you want to know why she gets bullied"? he says looking thoughtfully at me 

"I do" I say and nod

"well from my sources she moved here from paris , her family lives there , that's why she has a slight accent but we don't actually hear it" he says

"what's your point?" I ask him

"I heard that her family kicked her out and now she lives with her aunt,but the best part is that she gets bullied because some guys found her in a club with a group of men she was pleasing them , and you know how the word spreads here" he says

"why would they bully her for that?" I ask him and take a bite of my salad , I want to vomit it out , I am not hungry at all .

"because some dude from college paid to have her" he says

"so..?" I ask

"so she's a prostitute" he says 

"shh dude don't say that we don't know if any of that is true" I tell him

"yeah I know that all of these are some bullshit rumors that every new student has to face " he says 

I spot Maya walking in the cafeteria looking at her phone sadly then she puts the phone on her ear , but it seems like whoever she was calling doesn't pick up . she walks to the counter and orders a cup of tea . she sits on the table with a single chair and stares at the wall , or maybe at nothing .

Dax seems to be looking at something hysterical as he keeps laughing while looking at his phone . But right now my mind is focused on her.

when I reach home the light of my father's room is off which means they are not at home , the house is empty , I walk to my room across from Catherine's room , I sit on my bed and tears start to leak my eyes , but this time they are not for me but for Maya .

(please vote and comment , Maya is Barbara palvin sorry if the chapter was amazing , but you''l love the upcoming chapters , love you Xx)