[7]

I flinched and cried out every time the leather made contact with the skin of my back. The strokes of the whip varied. Some cut into me easily and deeply slicing into the skin like a knife through butter. Others ripped into me jagged and uneven, dragging as much skin off as they could.

When they ceased their assault on my hide they poured a very familiar liquid over me. The blue staining my skin everywhere it touched. The chemicals soaking into my fresh wounds causing me to yowl like a dying cat. The scent of thirium so familiar and so close to home that it almost broke me. It was too bad for them that it didn't.

I opened my eye after I heard the soft click of the door closing. I grabbed the .38 under my pillow and looked around the room. The only thing I found out of place was the fact that Sebastian was not there. It didn't take too much thought to figure out that he had probably went to go and see my father.

I reached for my phone, something that I almost never used, and turned it on. It updates quickly and I pulled up my music app. Most of the music I listened to was from the 2010s so it was easy to find the particular song that I wanted to listen to. I tapped the song and placed the electronic on the table beside my bed. I shut my eye and leaned back against the headboard.

A few dreadfully silent minutes after the song ended the door opened. My eye almost involuntarily opened and honed in on the android. He looked sad, confused, heartbroken and his sensor was blinking red. I forced myself to smile at him though I couldn't keep the sadness out of it, "Have you come to wish me goodbye? I am an ugly man, I have done ugly things".

He rushed forward and leaned down pulling me up into his arms. I looked up into his beautiful red eyes and he tilted his head down. He pushed our lips together softly, without practice or grace.

"You are beautiful, Ciel," he whispered against my lips.