joey trotta|toy soldiers

-set before the invasion/hostage situation happens-
billy tepper is one of your best friends, you've known him since birth. so it was never a true surprise when he was kicked out of the multiple boarding schools that his parents forced him into, he'd always had a problem with authority and at this rate, it looked as if he always would. he'd been at Regis for a few months now, constantly calling you and checking in always telling you of his latest prank or to complain about the teachers. one day he called you and seemed beaten down, almost as if he was ready to submit to the dominant headmaster. this shook you up, billy had never been one to submit to anyone, so you decided to take a drive down to Regis and bring him a small surprise along with you. as you approached the office to ask for billy, you kept your eye out for the ambitious boy, and held tight to the small hand that was locked in yours. you and your younger sister made your way into the pale building, you were met with the headmaster. "hello? how can i help you?"
"oh- hi! my name is y/n and i'm here to visit billy-william, tepper." you smiled softly at his full name, as you hadn't said it in years. "ah yes! okay, well-..." the man looked out the window into the quad, "it looks as if he and his friends just walked out, he's over there." he pointed to a small group of boys standing by a tree, and you could see billy standing with his back to you. "oh! great thank you!" as you stepped outside, making sure to stay behind billy and out of his line of sight, you kneeled the small girl who looked exactly like you did when you where her age and spoke softly "nova, do you know why we're here?"
"to see biwwy!"
you giggled at the way she said his name, "yes! to see billy!" "now do you see him over there by the tree?"
"yes!"
"well go run to him and hug him!! go!"
she giggled and followed your instructions and ran as fast as her small legs could carry her to her very favorite boy. as she hit the back of his legs and hugged them with all her might she yelled "biwwy!" with shock the boy turned around and picked the small girl up in his arms, "nova!!" "what are you doing here sweetie?"
"y/n bwought me hewre to see youw!"
"y/n brought you here?" he looked slightly confused, "well where is she?"
as he spoke those words you poked him in the back and said "right here doofus."
"y/n!!" he practically screamed and hugged you while still holding nova on his hip. "what are you doing here?!"
"well i decided that i missed you a little too much" you laughed. "i knew you loved me!" billy joked with you as his friends stared at you in what looked to be awe and realization. "so this is y/n?" a boy with a thick new york accent questioned.
"yeah! and y/n... this is j-"
"joey trotta right?"
"how'd you kn-" joey began to question but you soon cut him off
"well billy tells me about all the trouble he gets into here and that you're an accomplice" you replied with a gentle smile as you took in all his features. he was stunning, defined features covered by tanned skin, soft brown eyes that matched his shaped eyebrows and the small tuff of hair that peeked out of his hat, and his dangling earring. something about this boy interested you, whether it was his accent or his notorious partner in crime personality, you didnt know but you sure wanted to find out. soon you were broken from your thoughts to the sound of joey's laugh as well as nova's , you looked to see her climbing around on him like a jungle gym. "nova!! don't climb on him! that's rude!" you scolded the small girl with a soft but firm tone.
"no, no it's alright i think she's pretty adorable" joey spoke.
"oh, well thank you and if you don't want her climbing on you, tell her to play with billy, she loves him." you smiled at the way the brunette interacted with the tiny girl.
"hey nova, you like ice cream?" joey looked at her with a softness that you'd only seen-other that family members-billy give her. "yes yes yes!!" she nearly toppled over due to the fact that she had began jumping. he steadied her with his hand and replied to the excited girl "well i know someone who can get us some, all you have to do is give me a hug!" he smiled widely. at that moment nova practically tackled the poor boy, "jowy jowy pwease get me ice cweam!" he tipped his head back with a chuckle and soon had nova in his arms, "well y/n ? care to join us?" he asked. "i'd love to joey, that is if nova lets me... nova? can i come eat ice cream with you?" you smirked at the twinkly eyed child. "yes you can!" joey cheered and stuck his arm out to you, indicating that you should lock arms with him, so you did and made your way to the cafeteria.

a/n okay all the requests are on their way to being finished but i just had to write this because i love joey so much owmcjjsjd anyway i hope you liked it! xx