Chapter 23 Back To NYC

Comenzar desde el principio

"Working with makeup is a passion of mine. I want to create a makeup line for women who are sensitive to certain ingredients. I test it on myself because I am allergic to some ingredients in makeup. So far, it has been great. I put it on hold for a time because I wanted to wait until I felt like I was ready for it. After my parents died, it took me a while to finally cope with it. It's better now, but that will never stop me from thinking about them and grieving about them. Plus, I was putting aside enough money to open a store here in New York. I'm close to what I needed, but I am going to save extra. How are you doing with your business? I wish I knew that was your company. I shop there all the time. You were always good with fashion."

"Girl, let me know if I can help in any way. And, thanks. It is doing great. It is doing so great that Marco and Cris are helping me set up a location in Milan. I'll let you know when the grand opening is. And, I am working on a children's line, with Braelyn's help. And guess what? I am a part-time model. I have the same agent as Marco. And, I just thought of a great idea for a photo shoot. I want you, Kam, Noeli and I together in a photo shoot. I have to see if my agent can make that happen."

"That's great, Layla. Congratulations. That photo shoot sounds like a lot of fun, Layla. Just let me know when. And, what about you guys, Ryan and Austin? What do you guys do?"

Other than talking to Braelyn, Austin has been pretty quiet. I hope what Shane said is not true because I don't feel the same way about him.

"Ryan and I are both personal trainers. At the moment, we have an office in Manhattan."

"That's cool. Do either of you have any spots open for a new client? I picked up quite a bit of weight the two months I was out with my ankle injury. And, now that I am in Layla's wedding, I need to be in shape."

"I don't have one at the moment. Austin, what about you?"

"I actually do. Just let me know what days you would like to train and your schedule."

"Thank you. Can I get that to you by Monday?"

"Sure. That's fine."

"Thanks, Austin."

"You're welcome."

Shane's POV

As long as that Austin fellow stays in his lane, then we won't have any problems.

Jimmy announced over the loud speaker, "Ladies and gentlemen, in another 30 minutes, we will be landing in the 'City that never sleeps.'"

"Before I forget, here are your keys to your Escalade." I gave Bliss her keys.

"Thanks, Shane. Layla, I had to get a step ladder. That truck is a monster, but I absolutely love it. My father taught me how to drive in a SUV, so I have been driving them practically all my driving years. Shane calls me 'Shortie' all the time. But, I can't help it. He keeps sitting me on counters."

"I have to because it is the perfect kissing height. Less neck pain for me."

That 30 minutes went pretty fast. "Ladies, when we land, you all can sit in Bliss' Escalade. We will take care of the bags and gifts."

Once we landed, Bliss, Layla and Braelyn headed to her vehicle. She opened the trunk and the fellas packed everything up. Then, we made our way to Layla's house.

Layla's POV

"I normally am a speedster driving, Layla. But, I won't go too fast with Braelyn in the back. And, sorry for not having a child safety seat for her. I'll go get one later today. I am looking forward to spending time with you ladies."