Chapter Eighteen: Lucky One

Start from the beginning

“Thank you,” he mouthed, that smile still present on his lips.

When we knew our time being out here with the cameras were done, we started to move further down the red carpet. The few reporters that were permitted to go through the fence were finding celebrities they can interview.

A woman interviewing Axel saw me and she instantly perked up. She muttered some words to her assistant and the said girl made her way to approach me.

“Hello Heart,” she said politely, “Would you mind if we call you over for an interview?”

Eyeing the mischievous look that the reporter was sending our way, I knew this would just end up with trouble. The thing is, asking for permission was just formalities, and they all knew that I would agree to this interview.

Turning to Adam, I transferred her question to him, “Do you mind?”

Everything that we’re going to do for this night will be all on his decisions.

He shook his head and we started to follow the girl to where the camera man, the interviewer, and Axel was standing.

“And look who’s coming this way,” the reporter gave a fake gasp, “Hollywood’s Princess and her wonderful date.”

Date.

Axel stepped a little to the side so all four of us could fit into the shot. The reporter smiled brightly at all of us before clearing her throat.

“I was just asking Axel here who among the stars gathered here today, is the one closest to him,” she told me before turning to Axel. She pointed her mic into his direction and waited for him to answer, “So, who is this person?”

He eyed me carefully before gently lifting his hand and jutting his thumb to my direction, “Her.”

The woman made a small squeal and I lifted a brow at Axel. Though, I can’t deny that’s it not the same for me. We may fight a lot, but out of all the celebrities in this town, I spent the most time with him.

“And you, Heart?”

Doing the same gesture, I pointed at Axel, “Him.”

“You two will make a lovely couple,” she gushed, “But for the looks of it, Heart here already found her lucky guy.”

Adam perked once he noticed that her words were now directed to him. He straightened up and zipped his mouth shut, refusing to say a word.

Giggling at his shyness, I hugged his arm and turned to the woman, “I think I’m the lucky one.”

The reporter cooed at my statement, “You two are adorable!”

And that was when Adam finally spoke, “Nope, I’m the lucky one.”

“No, I am!” I protested, staring up at him.

“I am,” he said with finality.

“Oh God,” Axel rolled his eyes. Come on, just because this thing is serious doesn’t mean we shouldn’t have any fun.

Besides, Adam is finally loosening up.

“Jealous,” I teased lightheartedly, poking his side. He jumped up a little before shooting me a glare.

Down boy, we’re still in front of the camera; wait until we get inside before you start insulting me.

“Well, I hope all of you enjoy your night,” the interviewer finally said, thanking us before rushing to where Claudia was standing.

Axel and I shared a dry look before I lifted my nose and started to walk with Adam to the inside of the theatre.

Cameras off, playful relationship, also off.