Chapter Sixteen: Take A Break

A/N: Enjoy this nice long chapter at 6359 words!

Toni woke up at 4:45 AM to her phone ringing.  Her and Cheryl were still naked and cuddled together, the soft flesh on her girlfriend's back pressing lightly into her breasts and abdomen.  The pink haired girl looked down at Cheryl and gave a small smile, stroking the waking girl's hair lightly.  She let her phone ring out and decided if it was urgent they'd call back. 

"Morning beautiful,"  Toni whispered, pressing a soft kiss to Cheryl's forehead as the redhead turned to face her, rubbing the sleep out of her eyes.  

"Morning baby."  Toni's phone rang again and Cheryl sat up, allowing her to slip out of the bed and grab it off the dresser.  "You have a cute butt,"  The redhead said as her girlfriend walked away.  Toni just shook her hips at the comment, causing Cheryl to chuckle.

"Sheriff Toni Topaz, how may I help you?"  Toni said happily into the phone.  

"Toni?  You need to get to the station as soon as possible.  There's a bit of an issue."

The Sheriff groaned in frustration.  There seemed to be a lot of issues lately.  "Alright, I'll be there right away."  The pink haired girl shook her head and hung up the phone, setting it on the dresser.  "We've got to go into work early, apparently there's been another issue."  Cheryl could clearly see that her girlfriend was stressed and got out of bed.  She walked over to the smaller girl, wrapping her arms around her neck.

"TT, it's going to be okay.  I know you're stressed, but things will work out.  They always do."  Cheryl kissed Toni passionately, massaging her tongue into her girlfriend's and exploring parts of Toni's mouth she hadn't felt before.  The smaller girl moved her hands to her girlfriend's hips and then down to her backside, palming the flesh lightly as she caressed Cheryl's skin with love in every movement.  The redhead broke the kiss and they both smiled happily.  "Now come on, let's go shower."

The couple walked to the bathroom connected to the master bedroom and Toni started the tap, allowing time for the water to start.  "Mind if I put music on?  I usually shower with music, it gets me going in the morning.  Although, I don't know if I need it when you're here,"  The pink haired girl said, turning around and smiling at the redhead.  

"Sure, you can put music on,"  Cheryl responded smiling back and walking over to the shower, stepping inside.  She dipped her head under the water and allowed the water to rush down her body, stripping away any stress she'd felt about the previous night's events.  

Toni hooked her phone up the Bluetooth speaker she always had in her bathroom and put on her "Happy Days" playlist.  She hit shuffle and "Isn't She Lovely" by Stevie Wonder started.  She turned the volume up just enough to be heard over the rush of the shower.

The pink haired girl stepped into the shower on the same side Cheryl was standing, causing the redhead to shift over and make room for her lover.  Once Toni had let the warm water run over her body, the redhead moved back over to her girlfriend and wrapped her arms around Toni's neck once again, closing the space between them.  

They let the water run over them and swayed back and forth to the harmonica-laden soul tune, enjoying each other's company and allowing their souls to melt together as one.  Toni laid her head on Cheryl's chest and continued to move their bodies in sync to the love song.  

After staying in this position for about four minutes, they broke their embrace and washed each other off.  Cheryl giving Toni a massage in the process, releasing some of the tension in her shoulders.  The redhead stepped out of the shower first, wrapping her self in a white and red striped towel.  Toni turned the tap off and followed her out, wrapping herself in a fluffy black towel with a green set of her initials embroidered in the bottom left corner.