Day 3- A Friend's Love

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

(Warning! Lots of angst. Don't usually write angst, so won't see too much of this I hope)

Also. Super fucking long. No wonder this took so long to write. Possibly the longest part in this story? Probably not. But for now, it is. Now I have to think of the next part.... LOL

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Izaya's perspective

There was an uncomfortable silence between us, after Shizuo left.

Shinra was the first to speak, "Izaya. I'm sorry. For everything." he took a breath, "Can you forgive me?" I was shocked, not that he apologized, but the fact that he thinks I will forgive him like that. 

I whipped around, "Shinra. I am not going to accept that. You know I don't trust people, EVER. You were one of the very few people I trusted, and-" I felt tears start to form again, "-and you broke that trust." I told him everything, he was my best friend, even though I denied it for so long. It was nice having someone to trust, that I could let my guard down a bit, to feel normal. But now I see that I never had him as a friend, he only saw me as a lab rat as well. 

I felt the tears run down my face, Why am I like this? I started to sob. Why? Why can't I be normal? Why am I different? Why can't I just blend in? I didn't care anymore. Why should I? I continued to sob. And I didn't hold my cries back. I fell to the ground and didn't stop crying even when I felt arms wrap around me, I pressed into the touch and cried more.

Shinra's

My eyes went wide. I haven't seen Izaya cry like this since- a long time ago. It felt like my heart was being torn. I fell to the ground too and hugged him. He clung to me and continued sobbing on my chest. He still continued to sob, but on my chest instead. "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry Izaya. I didn't mean to-" I stopped myself, I didn't mean to- hurt you

I felt some tears form in my own eyes. I squeezed him closer to me. I can't believe how awful of a friend I am. I know how hard it is for him already, he likes to have his secrets, and I know that. 

Why couldn't I accept that sooner? He acts like nothing is wrong when I know a completely different story. Izaya doesn't like talking about the bad things that were happening in his life. 

He always had a wall up between him and others, except me. I was the one person that he trusted, But now we were both sobbing. I started thinking about how we first met. It was this very playground. 

But I was the only one that wasn't playing. I was reading the new book my parents got me the day before. He was the only one that walked up to me to ask about my book. We talked for a while before he pulled me to play. I had fun that day, the most fun I would have as a kid. 

I left before Izaya did, I didn't think I would see him again, but I was wrong. Later that same night I met him again, but this time it was in the hospital. Izaya never likes talking about what happened in the hospital. 

How he got there, or what happened, but I knew. I wanted to become friends with him, not because my parents asked me too, but because there was something that drew me to him. Izaya was so positive for the longest time. But things changed...

After the incident in middle school.

Something happened in his family that I will never repeat out loud for Izaya's sake. I was one of the people who helped him. I already knew a lot about being a doctor already because of my parents, and I wanted to grow up to be one too. I never thought I would have to use that knowledge before high school.