Chapter XIV

Reyna

"Why did you bring us back?" a man with  blue eyes and blond shoulder-length hair and sculpted features wearing a red cape and armor holding a hammer.

"Do you realize what you've done?" an old man also wearing armor and cape and an eye-patch on right eye.

"I was protecting my home."

"You cannot protect your friends. How can you hope to protect a kingdom?" the old man said. He turned to the others and looked at a wounded man. "Get him to the healing room!" He then motioned to three others. One beautiful woman, a fat, tall man with a great beard and an Asian man looking grim. All of them wearing capes and armor. "Sif, Volstagg and Hogun hurry to help Fandral out of the room."

"There won't be a kingdom to protect if you're afraid to act!" cried the blond man to the old man. The old man stopped in his tracks and stared at him as the younger man continued, "Whatever the cost, the world must know that the new king of Asgard will not held in contempt."

"That's pride and vanity that talks! Not leadership! Have you forgotten everything I've taught you? What of a warrior's patience, cunning?"

"While you wait and be patient, the Nine Realms laugh at us! The old ways are done. You'd stand giving speeches while Asgard falls!" retaliated the blond man.

"You're a vain, cruel, greedy boy!" cried he.

"And you are an old man and a fool!" retaliated the blond man.The whole world seemed to stop and took an intake of breath at those words. The old man fell silent, regarding him in disappointment. When he spoke again, there was something terrifying beneath the calmness of his words.

"A fool , yes! I was a fool to think you were ready.'

Another man stepped towards the old man, almost imploringly at him. He had shoulder-length sleek black hair, a pale complexion, and green eyes.

"Father..." the old man gave him a look which stopped him in his tracks, he turns back to the blond man.

"Thor Odinson... You have disobeyed the express command of your King. Through your arrogance and stupidity, you have opened these peaceful Realms and innocent lives to the horror of war". The King plunged a sword to some sort of panel. The turret turned, some sort of a rainbow bridge appeared and opened at the end of the platform, creating a portal behind the blond man recognized as Thor. The old man turned angrily at him.

"You are unworthy of this Realm..." he said, ripping a disc off of the chest of a shocked Thor, "...unworthy of your title..." ripping away his son's cloak, "unworthy of the loved ones you've betrayed. I hereby take from you your powers." He extended his hand towards his son and the hammer that Thor was holding flew from his grasp into Odin's waiting hand.

"In the name of my father..." he continued, a finger of lightning came off the hammer and hit Thor, disintegrating the right arm of his armor and part of his chest piece, "... and his father before..." another strike disintegrated the remainder of Thor's armor including the cape and torn-away disk on the floor, "I cast you out!" Odin thrusts the hammer before him and with a crack of thunder, Thor is hurled backwards into the portal and disappeared into the vortex.

Odin held the hammer in his hand and stared at it bitterly. He closed his eye, lost in contemplation, whispered something quietly to the hammer.

"Whosoever holds this hammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of Thor." 

Runes suddenly appeared on the side of the hammer, as if carved into the smooth surface. The runes lingered for but a moment, then disappeared. Suddenly, Odin turned and hurled it into the portal.

I gasp awake. Ever since we arrived to Puente Antiguo, New Mexico, those visions didn't stop plaguing my dreams every night. It's getting really annoying. And I am worried, I just talked to Percy yesterday and she told me everything about Apollo, the prophecy, the Grove of Dodonna, the return of Leo Valdez (I still do not approve of him) and Calypso, the battle of a giant stark naked statue of Nero that looks like Apollo. All in all, a very eventful holiday.

The sound of a zipper(I was sleeping in a tent) opening knocked me out of my musing and the face of Clint Barton covering his eyes with his hand.

"You're decent?" he asked looking at the wrong direction.

"No, I'm nude." I said in my most deadpanned voice, rolling my eyes at him, and chucking a pillow at him, nailing him in the face.

He hurried himself out of my tent and said through the fabric. Oh my gods, did he really believe that! I was kidding. Maybe Natasha or Laura or Percy threatened him or something... Very possible. "Suit up because we're going in two hours, borrow some stuff from a certain Jane Foster."

"Borrow as in steal" I replied. I can see his shadow shrug.

"The director and Coulson's orders". I sighed and got myself ready. After that, I went to my computer and searched 'Thor'.

In Norse mythology... That's not good... Thor is the hammer-wielding of thunder, lightning, storms, oak  trees, strength, the protection of mankind, in addition to hallowing, and fertility. That's not good at all... Another pantheon... Other gods... That means... Lots of trouble... Thor wields the mountain-crushing hammer, Mjölnir ... Oh holy fucking shit! Holy fucking shit! You fucking Fates! Why?

I hurried up to call Percy, she has to know. I'll tell Phil later about what we're dealing with. We're dealing with a Lester Papadopoulos situation but this time it isn't Greek or Roman, It's Norse. The hammer that can't budge from it's place is a god's weapon. Another fucking pantheon! What next, Egyptians?

I took my phone and dialed the number: "Hi Percy... No I don't care that I ruined your Beauty Sleep... Listen, we have a problem... A mythological one..."

Fuck you Fates... fuck you.

Tell me what you think...