Cody shifted and followed next to me and stopped with everyone once we reached the beginning of the forbidden forest.

I shifted back and looked at Cody, watching him shift. "Do we have to follow him into there?" A warrior asked.

Cody growled and looked at him "Yes we do! We need to shift back. I brought ribbon. We will tie it to the trees as our pathway to get back out." He said grabbing out neon pink tape from his pocket.

I whined and looked at the warriors and nodded.

They frowned at me but followed Cody into the trees watching as he marked the trees.

"How far do you think he went in here?" I asked glancing around at the shadows around them.

Cody looked at me. "I'm not sure." He said and jumped when a bunch of birds flew out in front of them.

I whined and looked around. "His scent is getting stronger. Look!" I gasped pointing at some blood.

Cody looked at it and touched it then sniffed it. "It's Max's blood. He must have ripped open his stitches on his side." He said and followed the blood trail.

I quickly followed him and looked up seeing a cave. "He's in there." I whispered and motioned for everyone to stop.

"Max? Max bud it's Dad." Cody called walking towards the cave.

"Dad?" Max called coming more into the light. Cody smiled at him. "Hey bud." He whispered. "Why don't you come out and we can go back home? Everyone is really worried." He said.

Max whined and looked down. "No one wants me home." He growled.

I frowned and looked at Cody. Cody looked back at me and frowned.

"Who told you that no one wants you home?" Cody asked softly moving a little closer.

Max growled again. "No one had to tell me." He snapped

I whined and walked up next to Cody. "Hey Max it's me Lucas. Remember your Beta? I speak for everyone in the pack. We want you back. We are all worried for you. Your mate, Avery is very scared that you aren't home." I said softly

Max looked at me his face stained with tears. "Avery?" He asked.

I smiled and glanced at Cody. "Yes Avery remember her?" I asked moving closer.

Max whined and and walked over to me. "Take me to her please." He whispered. "B..before he hurts her." He whispered.

I smiled and nodded. I slipped a needle from my back pocket and stuck it into his arm. Injecting him with the liquid.

"What is that!" Cody gasped. I quickly caught Max and lifted him. "I knocked him out so he wouldn't resist. Now let's get him back so Collins can treat him with the right medicine." I said and headed back following the tape.

Cody whined and followed me as well as the warriors.

I whined and finally was out of the forest. I sighed and headed towards the pack hospital worried. I could feel his blood pooling in my hand.

I looked down at his face and saw it was paling. "We need to hurry he's loosing too much blood!" I yelled trying to hurry.

Looking up I saw the hospital. Collins came running over to us. "Why isn't he awake!" He gasped

"I put him to sleep. I took some medicine from a nurse for him just in case." I said passing him over. "He's lost a lot of blood." I said worried.

Collins nodded frowning.

I frowned watching him take Max into the hospital.

I grabbed out my phone and called Taylor.

"Hello?" Taylor asked. I cleared my throat and sighed. "This is Lucas, Max's Beta, we found Max. He is back home. You can call your warriors back home from patrolling." I said keeping my voice calm.

I heard a sigh on the other end. "Thank god. We will be over there tomorrow to visit him thank you." He said and hung up.

I sighed and looked towards the hospital. Frowning I turned and headed home.

I frowned seeing the lights still on. Jordan should be in bed by now.

Unlocking the front door I headed inside. "Jordan sweetheart what are you doing up?" I asked walking into the living room seeing her on the couch.

She whined and stood walking over hugging me. I smiled feeling her stomach push into mine. "I was worried for you. Did you find Max?" She whispered.

I rubbed her back softly. "Yes we found him. Now come on let's get you two to bed." I whispered setting my hand on her stomach smiling.

She smiled and kissed my cheek and led me to our room.

I watched her crawl into bed. Pulling off my clothes leaving my boxers I crawled under the covers and turned the lamp off and pulled Jordan close. I kissed her head and soon I was asleep holding my mate close. My hands resting over her stomach protectively.

Collins's POV

I mumbled to myself as I restitched Max's side. I looked at him seeing that he was still asleep.

Frowning I put him on a new IV drip with the medication to help his condition. I'm glad we caught it this early. In a few weeks he will be the Max we all know to love.

There was a soft knock on the door. Turning I looked towards the door. "Come in." I called watching as Avery walked into the room.

"Is he still asleep?" She whispered quietly.

I smiled watching her. "Yes but you can stay here. He won't be acting out with the heavy medication I just put him on." I said softly.

Avery shyly walked over and sat next to his bed taking his hand. "I'm glad you two are together. I don't think anyone else would've staid by his side." I said softly.

Avery smiled at me. "I can't live without him. He's my world. We him and our baby." She whispered and kissed his hand.

I smiled big. "I will let you two be. Make sure you get some sleep as well. I will be in and out over a few hours; to check on him." I said and waved goodbye leaving the two alone.

The pack is so supporting already. Several get well gifts are gathering around the room.

Walking back to my office I sat down and sighed. This is gonna be a rough few weeks trying to get Max back to what he used to be. But I won't give up on my Alpha. I never will do that.