chapter 3

•••
"hey, what periods are you off?" i turned to my right and i faced yet another teacher.

"well... you'll just have to wait and see..." she giggled as i smirked at her and put a cap on my coffee before exiting the teacher's lounge.

i was teaching in the Art Room, which i've never been in before.

"hey! security!" there was a short person in a security outfit, and when the person turned i peeped curly brown hair and brown eyes.

"yes sir." i opened my schedule and held it out from him to see.

"do you know where room 217 is?" he peered at me schedule, frowning.

"sir, it says room 217. that's the art room, it's straight ahead." i nodded and pulled away, giving him a smile.

"ah, thank you mr...?"

"jack avery. just call me jack it's fine." he interrupted, smiling at me before i started walking towards the art room, pausing to turn around.

"catch you later jack!" i shouted at him, and he shook his head.

"no yelling in the school!" i smiled and shook my head before walking down a corridor filled with empty glass cases, maybe used for displays.

another glass case, and then i was standing in front of two big wooden doors. they didn't look like classroom doors, and it was giving me major anxiety to stand in front of it, so i pushed it open.

it must be... whoa.

i pushed the door open more and i gazed at all the color on the wall. there were acrylics, watercolors, tempura paintings, melted crayon collages, photos, everything. the whole room glowed with color.

i wasn't expecting this, just a dark gray room, but there was windows, and it caught on colorful stained glass, illuminating the room with colors and distorted light.

"beautiful isn't it?" i flinched and whirled around when i heard a woman's voice speak before me.

i placed a hand on my chest.

"you scared me." the woman gasped.

"oh, sorry. i didn't mean to." i laughed it off.

"it's fine... and you are...?"

"ariana. or ms. grande. but you can call me ari because that's what everyone calls me." she curtsied and i laughed. i could tell we were going to be good friends.

"well ms. grande, you teach art as well right?"

"yep that's right! i teach painting, while my girl- i mean my friend teaches ceramics and crafts and stuff." i nodded slowly, absorbing her words. she's a really excited person.

"i guess you could show me around-" the door opened again, and another woman came in. she was a bit taller than ari.

"ari! babe, i was looking for you- oh hi..." i smiled, feeling understanding.

"so you two aren't out yet, huh?" the other woman put her arm around ariana, who looked uncomfortable.

"no, and it's none of your business if you're going to judge us."

"no! n-no, i'm supportive of the LGBT community."

the woman slightly relaxed.

"so you're not flirting with my girlfriend?" I watched as ariana's face flushed red.

"seli!" she slapped her arm, and the woman chuckled before kissing her forehead.

"this is the cutest thing i have ever seen." she chuckled.

"you seem like a cool guy, who are you?"

"i'm jonah. i'm the new art teacher." i held out my hand and she took it.

"ah, okay. i'm selena, or ms. gomez if you're addressing me formally. you're teacher cooking and photography right?"

"yep." we let go of our hands when ariana started fidgeting uncomfortable.

"our photography teacher left last year, as well as our cooking one. so you have two quarters to yourself which is going to be difficult."

"i can do it." she smiled and squeezed ariana's shoulder before she turned them around.

"okay, well we have to go but we will see you around. bye now!" i nodded, and waved as they exited, leaving me in this colorful classroom.

-•-

after several minutes of admiring my room, i noticed this door in i guess my wall. it was a small wooden door, and i opened it.

surprisingly, it seemed to be unlocked, and it lead to another room, with no lights on.

as i looked around, i noticed many music signs and instruments. a music room. interesting-

the door opened behind me and i turned to see a guy walk in holding maybe a guitar case.

"oh. hi. didn't see ya there." i smiled and waved as he came closer.

i noticed his eyes were this deep ocean blue color which was just mesmerizing. woah.

"i'm jonah." i held out my hand and he took it before letting go.

"daniel seavey."

the room was awkwardly quiet as he set down his guitar.

"Well, i have to go, but see you around dani." i turned to leave before i was whirled around and he was glaring at me.

"don't call me that." i nodded and went to the door.

"bye dani!" Then i slammed the door shut and ran.
•••

a/n 01/15/2021: i realized why i unpublished now i regret this