Morning Practice

"IM GONNA BE LATE!" Hinata screamed as he ran down the street. Tryouts took a toll on his body more than Hinata thought it would do, consequently, he slept in a bit. He navigated his way, thankfully he didn't need to dodge any people considering it was so early. Once in awhile, a car would zoom by, the loud engine ruining the bird's early morning tweeting and the beautiful view. Not that Hinata cared, his only thought was getting to practice on time.

Skidding into the gym, he slides open the door before collapsing onto his knees. "I-I m-made it!" Hinata breathlessly said. Gettig his breath back, Hinata looked up, expecting to see people staring at him, but he just saw one person.

"Your. Late." Akashi voiced, his eyes had a cold glint.

Hinata almost soiled his pants. "W-where is everyone else?" He somehow managed to get out.

"There isn't anyone else yet. This is your special training time, to get you to first string." Akashi smirked. "And since your late, it'll be 2x harder. Any questions?" The sadism dripped from his tone.

"N-no, sir!" Hinata scrambled up and saluted. He actually had thousands of questions, but he was too scared to ask.

"Good. Get ready! Let's polish your talent!" And with that, Hinata diligently followed Akashi's every demand. Akashi criticized Hinata way too many times to keep track of, but with every insult, Hinata rapidly improved. He absorbed the game like a sponge, soaking up every technique, fact, and advice. Right now, he was still a rookie at the game, but Akashi could see a bright future ahead of Hinata if he kept at this pace. What a jewel.

~0~

Needless to say, Hinata was exhausted after practice. Every bone in his body hurt, even the ones he didn't know existed. He was in a world of pain. Hinata couldn't focus on lessons, everything was just a blur to him.

His calves burned. His butt ached. His arms cried out every time he tried to write notes. Even his face was sore.

"Ugghhhh."

"Hey, are you okay man?" Kyatra asked after Hinata moaned in pain for the 5th time during lunch break.

"Everything hurts..." Hinata felt lifeless, he was limp in his chair.

"You wanna go to the nurse? I can take you there."

"Thanks, but no thanks. I doubt the nurse can do anything..."

"She can give you painkillers at the very least."

"Nah... My body doesn't handle 'em well."

"How did you even get so," He waved his hands in the air like he was trying to find the right word "Hurt?"

"Sore. Morning practice. SORE" Hinata managed to get those words out before moaning in pain again.

"Uhh. I'm bringing you to the nurse. C'mon"

"NoooOOooo. I-I dont wannnna!" Hinata whined as Kyatra pulled his arm up.

"Stop acting like a drunk old man and get up."

Hinata whined again but obeyed and they headed to the nurse. Well, Hinata limped as he walked and put most of his weight on Kyatra. They slid open the nurse's door and politely asked for some painkillers.

"Here you go, darling." The old nurse handed him a pill, "Make sure you eat a good lunch too. It can ease the pain for some time but when you get home you must rest."

Hinata gulped the pill with water and thanked her.

"Are you doing any sports or after school practice today?"

"Yup! For basketball."

"Eh? You tried out?" Kyatra asked,"How come you didn't tell me!"

"Well, be careful and don't do anything too strenuous." She paid no heed to Kyatra as she gave out the instructions."Here, give it to your coach. You'll be excused."

"Ehh! But I gotta the make 1st string!"

She sighed, "Well you can still do the exercises but you'll be very sore tomorrow."

"Yosh! I'll be careful!"

"Ok, now go along, lunch is almost over."

"Thanks!" "Thank you!" They waved on their way out and headed to class. Hinata slowly lowered himself on wincing as his butt met the chair. The pain was still there since the medicine didn't kick in yet.

'Ahhhhhh...I'll never be late to practice again!'

~0~

"Hey Hinata, you okay?" Midorima jogged next to Hinata.

"I'm fine!" Hinata pouted as Midorima asked him for the 100th time. "And yes, I know that you don't really care and that it's just Akaso saying Cancers are having a bad day." He didn't mean to sound rude, it was just that his legs could barely prop him up and his body throbbed. Even though he loved to practice, he just couldn't wait to heal his sore legs.

Hinata powered through the drills. His breath became heavier than normal but he still pushed himself to the limit. Collapsing when the coach announced a break, Midorima barely caught him as he fell.

"Oi! Are you really okay? Do you need the nurse?" Midorima discarded his tsudereness as he tried to carry Hinata to a shady spot for his friend to get away from the heat.

"I-i'm fine. Just a bit tired."

"A bit? You've collapse! I'm bringing you to the nurse."

"N-no, already gone. I gotta get through this."

"Are you nuts? Practice just began, this is just warm-ups! And you know that the strings are gonna be split. You won't have anyone to take care of you if you faint later."

"I'm really okay. Just gotta catch my breath-" He heavily breathed in and out. "Worry about yourself. Soon I'll overtake you!" He beamed, trying to uplift the mood.

Midorima sighed at his stubbornness, "Okay. But if you feel light-headed, just give a shout."

TWEET

"FIRST STRINGS IN THE GYM 1! C'MON!"

"C'ya!" Hinata gave his best smile.

"Later."

'Now then. I just have'ta find a way to survive the rest of practice.' He faintly chuckled at the memory of Midorima acting so unlike the usual Midorima. He threw away his pride and acted like a true friend. 'I have to tease him about that later.'

TWEET

"2nd string and 3rd string! Come to the 3rd gym!"

'Okay! Lets do this!'