I looked at her and pursed my lips. "Of course I am! What do I look like pretending to be your man? For one, we both look pathetic. Secondly, we're not in high school. I'm not gone front, you beautiful as fuck, and you'll find a man, but this," I motioned between the two of us, "Is unnecessary."

I could now see tears shining in her eyes. "August please! It's just to get my family off my back- I already told them about and everything!"

I rolled my eyes, reaching into my pocket for my wallet, dropping a fifty dollar bill on the table. "I'm not doing it, Fiona. It's stupid. I have to get to work."

I stood and left the cafe with Fiona clutching her tea cup tightly with tears on her cheeks.

Spiryt POV
Yesterday

"My boss will come see you know."

August followed me into the back office which belonged to her boss. Upon entering, My eyes landed upon the numerous family photos on the walls and I felt my heart clench at the sight.

"Good afternoon." I looked over to the source of the voice and saw a salt and peppered man with brown eyes stare me down and I felt myself shiver. "I'm Mr. Reynolds, I own this establishment and before we begin, Ms. Elric, I would like let you know that I'm so sorry for what happened to you and that it was one of my employees that put you in that position." Mr. Reynolds gestured to the seats in the front of his desk and August and I took a seat.

"Thank you." I whispered.

"I under you want the name of the employee that let this happen, which you will get, but I would like to offer you tbis as well." Mr. Reynolds dug around in a drawer behind him before pulling out a silver key.

He offered it to me and I gently grasped it in my hand.

"I want to allow you to move into a different apartment without breaking your lease or any more of that legal crap, that is if you still plan on living here."

Before I could reply, August took the key from me and stared Mr. Reynolds down. "If this is some scheme to cover up you employee—" he began.

"Absolutely not. I already have her file copied down for you. I just want to express my sympathy is the best way possible." He then leaned over again and handed August a manilla folder.

"Oh..." August muttered. "Thanks man."

"No problem. Have a nice day. The both of you." As we stood, August opened the door for me to leave out first, but Mr. Reynolds called me back.

"I just need a minute alone, just a second."

August gave him a look then glanced at me and deemed it okay when I nodded him away. He stepped out and gently closed the door.

I turned to face Mr. Reynolds and saw him stepping from behind his desk with a piece of paper in his hand. Upon closer inspection, I saw it was a brochure.

"I know... this is hard for you. A few years ago... I had a daughter not much younger than you." He sighed heavily as his fingers curled around the paper in his hand. "She was raped in het house as well, and she never felt safe anywhere again. She took her life not long after."

Mr. Reynolds sat on the edge of his desk and I sat back in the seat I took a minute ago.

Mr. Reynolds hands were trembling as he spoke. I recognized the sound of oncoming tears and patted his knee. "I wanted to help her but I didn't know how to then, but I found a support group for rape victims, just a little to late... I know everyone copes differently and I hope you look into this as a way to help you..." he handed me the brochure and I took a long hard look at it.