Chapter Nine

It's starting to PISS ME OFF how fucking ugly I am.

Fiona in the mm

August

If there was one thing I hated the most, it was people wasting my damn time.

After Fiona had called and asked for a 'favor', she sent me the address of a quaint little coffee shop to meet up at. Since I was feeing generous, I decided to come at the time she said.

But now, I've been here for forty-five minutes and she's yet to show up. I've had three coffees from these tiny ass cups and the little ass handles are serving to piss me off even more.

 I've had three coffees from these tiny ass cups and the little ass handles are serving to piss me off even more

I downed the rest of the coffee and stood up, grabbing my shit, ready to go.

As I spun around, I saw Fiona walking into the shop with big sunglasses covering her face and her hair in a high ponytail. When she saw me, she waved and made her way over, causing me to roll my eyes.

I sat back in the tiny chair as the waitress came back over and offered me another tiny ass cup. "Lady, tell me what the hell I'm s'posed to this tiny ass handle!" I was now heated. My fucking fingers were cramped and I couldn't hold the cup around the rim without someone giving me the stink eye.

The waitress startled and stepped back. "I'm sorry, I-I don't make the cups—"

Fiona placed a hand on the woman's shoulder and spoke. "Don't worry about him, he's just in a mood." She said, looking back at me with a stern look.

"Ya damn skippy! And these tiny ass cups ain't helping my mood either!"

The waitress scampered off and Fiona sat in the seat across from me. "Why're you so rude?"

"Why are you so late?" I countered.

She grinned and shook her head. "I got held up at work. I just got slammed with nine new cases." She muttered, removing the cat eyed glasses that resided on the bridge of her nose.

"Nine new cases? Where the hell do you work?" I asked, pushing the tiny cup away from me and to the middle of the table.

"I work in the Human Resource department. Nine women just lost their jobs as Nail Artist because their boss killed some kid."

My eyebrows went up into my hairline at the familiar story. "Oh. Well, what do you want?"

"I need you to pretend to be my boyfriend."

I stared at her for a moment before waving over the waitress with the tiny cups. When she reached over, I took a cup and pressed it to my mouth after telling Fiona to repeat what she just said.

"I said I need you to pretend to be my boyfriend."

As she said this, I choked on the coffee that slid down my throat. "August you're so damn dramatic!" She fumed.