Ghost boy part 7: One way

Part 7

Adam chewed thoughtfully. I rested my headbon his shoulder. My dad had left to go visit Ernie, his best friend, and probably have a couple cold ones before he cam home tonight.

"Whats this?" I asked, pointing at a saved picture of Adam on my computer. It looked like he took it that morning.

"Your computer can also see me. So can animals." he said, touching his head to mine. After gearing the crunching sound of his bacon, I moved away.

"so, when are we going to call your  

mom?" I asked. He opened his mouth to object that it might not be his mom. But he just shrugged. I picked up the phone.

"do you want to do it?" I asked, offering him the reciever. He gave me a funny look. I blushed realizing he couldn't talk to her. Why was I so oblivious?

"hello?" a voice chirped on the other line.

"hello, Hellen? this is Macey... Turner calling from my news office in austin. I was wondering if you would mind me asking a few questions about your son." I lied, putting on my important voice. The women clucked.

"well, I can't talk right now, but if you'll drop by my house at noon on monday, I'll be available." she said. I made a face at Adam. It was on speaker phone. We both had to be at school on Monday. Or at least I did. Shit.

"that would be fine. Can i get your address?" I got out a pen and paper as I jot down what she told me. I added her phone numbr too and stuck it in my backpack. Adam was staring at me. I said goodbye to Hellen and hung up.

"what?" I asked, smiling at him. He touched my cheek.

"thank you." he whispered, kissing me lightly on the lips. I wanted to object, but I felt bad for him. So I let him kiss me, then I gave him a big hug. It didn't feel right, hugging him. But I needed to figure out who and what he was. And I needed him to cooperate. I already had a plan forming in my mind, taking hold of my conscience. I didn't even notice it when Adam started kissing me again. I pulled away and skied politely. I did NOT want to sit around all day and let Adam feel me up. I needed to be alone.

"hey, Adam? I'm gonna go out. Can you just hang out here by yourself?" I asked, all innocent. He gave me a knowing look. I tried not to let the guilt show.

I hurried outside, in my pjs. I called Maggie.

"hey, can your brother come pick me up? Something REALLY weird is going on, and I need to see you."

^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

I've been writing this story for a while now, and it's not that I don't enjoy it.

But I want to know if you guys are still interested.

You don't have to fan or nothin annoying like that.

Just tell me if I should continue and what you think. Thanks.  

-anonamous676