Ghost Boy part 1: adam

I always knew about adam. No one else ever seemed to look at him or talk to him. Come to think of it, no one really even achnoledged his existance. I just though it was rude at first, for no one but even the teachers seemed oblivious. They never called his name for attendence, never asked him to answer the bell question. Adam seemed fine with it. He just sat there and took notes like a good kid, never raising his hand or making eye contact with anyone. I started to realize something was wrong. So I approached him at lunch on Friday.  

"umm, hi?" I asked. I didn't know his name yet. He just kept on chewing his turkey sandwich. I frowned.  

"HELLO!" I repeated, louder this time. He looked at me, then looked behind him, then turned back to his sandwich.  

I tapped his shoulder. "hey dude, I'm talking to YOU!!" I persisted, annoyed. He dropped his sandwich, turning to me, his jaw dropped open.  

"P-pardon?" he whispered, eyes wide.  

"Sorry for yelling, I just thought you were ignoring me." I smiled. It was the first time I heard him talk. His voice was low for a nineth grader.  

"You c-can see me?!" he stuttered.  

"Well yeah, I mean I just saw you sitting by yourself so I thought you were lonely or something..." I twisted my red hair around my finger.  

"Ugh, sorry I don't understand. No one can see me."  

I shook my head.  

"peope at this school can be jerks. Just ignore them." I said.  

"No. You don't get it. No one is supposed to see me. It's not that they ignore me. They just can't! That's how it's always been! How can you see me?!" he demanded, standing up. I stepped back. Was this guy was trying to tell me that he was invisible? Was this some kind of cheesey joke?  

"Hey Eve, who you taking to girl?" my friend, April chimed, coming and sitting down at the lunch table. Right on top of Adam.  

"April! What are you doing?" I yelled, yanking her off of him. She gave me a funny look.  

"Just sitting down. Jeez Eve, didn't know it bothered you." she smiled. Did she really not see him? I was really confused.  

"April, he's right there. Don't act like you don't see him." I guestured to Adam. He looked at me with weary eyes.  

"don't even try. She can't see me. None of them can. And you shouldn't be able to either." he frowned. I couldn't believe this. What was wrong with him? What was wrong with my?  

"April! Don't you see that boy?" I asked, my voice cracking. She raised her eyebrow, a trick I'd always been jealous of.  

"Very funny. Who set you up to this? Was it Jack? Cuz it's not fooling me." she said.  

"April I swear to God there's a guy right in front of us! Right here!" I took Adam's arm and waved it in the air. He flinched away from me.  

Ok, Eve. I'm gonna walk away now. And I'm gonna forget this dumb prank, ok?" she said. I gave her one last pleading look, but she shook her head and walked away.  

I couldn't believe it. Was I going insane?  

"Ok, kid. You have ten seconds to explain to me what the hell is going on here." I grunted, crossing me arms.  

"Adam." he said.  

"what?"  

"my name. It's Adam."  

"ok, Adam, what's going on? Why can't April see you?" I demanded. This was bullshit. Who was this guy?  

"it's complicated."  

"uh huh. Exlain."  

"well, I have no idea why, but this is how it's always been."  

"you mean you've always been in my grade? Why haven't I seen you before aside from this year?" I pushed.  

"well, no." he stammered. I was growing more impatient.  

"what!?"  

"well, i know it sounds impossible, but I've been in nineth grade for seven years."

^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*  

hope you liked it!  

I'm gonna update it pretty soon...  

Please comment! I need to know if you guys like it or not. :)