It all seemed quite normal in the back seat of Jace's car, but Lucy was feeling shaken by all that had happened. It was a bittersweet long weekend for her. With moments of rapturous pleasure tossed in the mix of hurt and regret. She didn't quite know what to make of it.

And the drive back seemed all the shorter for it. Too soon and they were back. With the twins calling out their thanks and farewells before rushing back indoors and Lucy left to stare tearfully at Jace. The kiss he wouldn't yet let her have was taunting her to act to simply drag his head down close to hers and trap his lips against the heated assault of her own. But she knew better than to try. Jace was on guard, reading her tempestuous nature correctly.

He was standing his ground determinedly waiting for what, Lucy didn't know or understand. But then thoughts of Richard intervene and the tingle in Lucy's hands had her taking an uncertain step back. Jace sighed before bending to brush his lips against her cheek and then he was gone.

Lucy felt the pain stabbing right in the centre of her heart. It was as if a limb had been torn right off her and left behind. Only in this case, the limb travelled on without her. Lucy waved till the Evoque drove out of sight. Her hand absently rubbing at the sudden hollow in her chest as she resolutely blinked away unexpected tears.

She didn't cry. Not over anything so puny as a boyfriend. Certainly not over Jace of all people but a stubborn tear rolled down her cheek regardless. Impatiently brushing it aside Lucy went inside. She was no lovesick fool to pine over a boyfriend she would see again within the week. They would be going to Richard's farm house in the country. That would be soon enough. Just three days away.

With a wrenching heart, she refused to acknowledge, Lucy withdrew to her room to curl into a ball, lick her wounds and suffer her heartaches in silence. Slamming her bedroom door shut behind her, Lucy threw herself on the bed to bury her face into her pillow and howl mightily. The sound remained muted within the soft pillow and Lucy's heart remained clenched in unexpected pain. If this was what it meant to have a boyfriend, Lucy didn't know why anyone bothered.

The feeling was unpleasant at best and plain hurtful otherwise. How was she expected to go on without Jace attached to her side every moment of the day? With a muffled groan Lucy lifted her head to draw in a breath and glare at nothing in particular. Kicking her feet up behind her, Lucy lifted her gaze to stare out her window. Clutching her pillow to her chest she pondered the monumental changes the long weekend had wrought in her. She couldn't believe she was feeling this strongly for Jace. Just a few days with him and her whole world had changed. It left her shaken. And what was worse, her head was not at all contemplating what it should.

The return of her long-lost brother that now will not eventuate, her aunt who was responsible for his abduction, her birth father and what he thought of this latest development. Did he still want her to visit knowing his son was still missing? Knowing her aunt was responsible for all his pain? Lucy didn't know and for the moment, she didn't care. All she saw in her mind's eye were the brightest blue eyes and a lovely head of unruly blond locks. Jace.

Lucy groaned audibly and buried her face into her pillow once more. She was thankful Mom and Dad were not yet home from work. Mom had her own hair saloon and dad brought home the bacon. Lucy realised then that life was going to be tough with the two people she loved most in the world being unhappy with her and her choice of a boyfriend. There was no way Daniel Neil would not have informed Patrick Little of what he thought about their children being together-gether. She was bound to get an earful when they got home. And with Jace gone back to his world there was no other option but to face the fireworks on her own.

Just then her mobile rang.

"Missing me yet?"

The husky voice sent shivers of anticipation all over her as it whispered out of the phone. Lucy nearly cried.