An Oscar Nominee - Part 3 (Last Part)

Start from the beginning

I scoffed folding my arms across my chest. “Oh yeah I bet.  You needed time to screw Italian guys.”

He rolled his eyes. “That’s not true. All I thought about was you when I was gone. I could barely look any other guy.”

My eyes flickered to the clock. It was already 8:30pm. I knew August would be wondering where I was. I had to wrap this thing up with Lucas quick.

“Look I have somewhere I have to be right now. I don’t have time for this, Lucas,” I tried to explain but of course he was being hardheaded like usual.

“Fuck your engagements,” he huffed. “You have the nerve to accuse me of sleeping with Italian men and I’m reading fucking magazines on the beach about you and August Wilson. What’s up with that? Huh, Jackson. Are you fucking him?”

I was literally going to blow a fuse. Lucas was driving me insane. How dare he storm in here talking about getting back together and then yell at me for moving on? I just didn’t get it. He was insane. I don’t even know why I had been moping over our so called break-up if you could even call it that.

Lucas rested his hand on his hip, awaiting an explanation. “Well, Jackson?”

“Lucas, I really have to go,” I said in a soft voice. “Can’t we talk about this tomorrow?”

Lucas shook his head, throwing his hands up in the air. He was really playing up the dramatics. I sighed as tears streamed down his face. His emotions were all over the place. He was a fucking mess.

“Lucas,” I sighed wrapping my arms around him and pulling him into my chest. “I’m sorry. I won’t leave. We can talk. Is that what you want to do? To talk? I just have to make a phone call.”

“No,” Lucas muttered underneath his breath. “Don’t leave. Just hold me.”

Fuck. August would understand. I’d just explain it to him tomorrow. I brought Lucas upstairs into my bedroom, so he and I could talk. I was literally up talking to him until a little past midnight.  Even then, he wouldn’t go to sleep. Lucas grinned at me as he sucked down some of Dennis’ pancakes.

“So good! God I need to hire Dennis to be my cook,” he sighed. “You think he’d leave you if I paid him enough?”

“Not in a million years,” I retorted flicking through the channels of my TV. “Especially now that I’ll be getting my first Oscar from this movie.”

Lucas raised an eyebrow, turning towards me. “Oh really? So how was it working with August? He’s so hot. I would kill to work with him in a movie. Did you see him naked?”

“You think he’s hot,” I said feigning shock. Lucas rolled his eyes, tracing his fingers down my chest.

“Not as hot as you, of course,” he said bringing his lips to my chest. His eyes flickered to mine as he began to plant kisses down my sternum and onto my abs. I ran my fingers through his hair as he climbed on top of my lap, flicking his tongue against my neck. I was ready to screw him again, but I couldn’t. My body wanted to, but I just couldn’t get August out of my mind for some reason.

“Luke – I can’t,” I mumbled. “I’m tired. I just want to sleep. I just finished filming today and I’m exhausted. Sorry.”

“Okay,” Lucas said falling beside me. I turned onto my side, as he wrapped his arms around my waist, snuggling up behind me. God, I’m surprised he fell for that excuse. I never said no to sex even when I was super tired. Hell I was even a little bit surprised at myself. It appeared August had successfully had his hooks in me.

Did that mean that I actually might like him? Great. The very next day, after I had gotten rid of Lucas, I tried calling August. It went straight to his voicemail though each time. He must be busy. We had an interview in order to promote our film in a few hours anyways. I could talk to him them. When I reached the set of the Good Morning with Michelle, I was already late. So I had no time to even talk to him. I was thrown into make-up and then pushed onto the set.