An Oscar Nominee - Part 3 (Last Part)

Shooting was a whole lot easier after August and I did the dirty deed. Patrick didn’t even yell at me as much. I think it had something to do with all the rumors surrounding August’s late night visit to my house. You know what they say – There’s no such thing as bad publicity.  Our movie was definitely on the map and that book that our movie was based off was flying right off the shelves. Everyone was happy.

Plus, we were practically almost finished filming. Friday marked the last day and I’m assuming it was why August had insisted on this dinner thing. He made sure I didn’t forget about it either. It was annoying but kind of adorable in the same way. I couldn’t remember the last time someone had asked me out let alone cooked dinner for me. Usually I ate out or had my personal cook, Dennis whip me up something.

But it was something about the fact that August was cooking the dinner himself that piqued my interest. It was almost – I dare say – romantic. Yuck. Just the thought of romance made me sick. But I had to hand it to him; he was trying very hard to impress me.

“Don’t forget about our date tonight,” August winked running his fingers along my shoulders. “I actually bought a really expensive bottle of wine that hopefully will outdo the last one.”

I chuckled. “Anything would outdo the last one. And I know August – You can stop reminding me. Could you stop calling it a date? It’s just dinner. Nothing more.”

August shrugged. “I don’t know.  A moon light dinner on my patio with a nice bottle of wine? Kind of sounds like a date to me, Jackson. I hope you like crème brule. That’s what we’re having for dessert. Our second dessert will be in my bedroom if you know what I mean.”

“Ha! As if you’d get that lucky twice,” I retorted.

“Well I found someone to be a little easy when they’ve had a bit of liquor in their system,” August replied giving me a devious wink as his car pulled up to pick him up. “Don’t forget, 8 o’ clock.”

I nodded as he drove off. God, he really knew how to annoy a guy. I guess he was just excited.

When Friday evening came around, I was dressed to the nines. I had just finished brushing my hair, when Ursula knocked on my door, telling me that I had a visitor. It looked like August had shown up personally to make sure I was coming to his dinner. Talk about having no faith in me. Did he think I was that much of a dick?

I rolled my eyes as I moved down the stairs to see none other than Lucas standing in my lobby. My smile quickly faded as my eyes flickered onto that sandy brown hair of his and those bright blue eyes. Fuck me. He had some nerve just showing up here after he hasn’t come by in nearly a month.

“Jackson,” his voice rang with a certain excitement. “Are you going somewhere? You’re all dressed up. I hope this isn’t a bad time.”

I chewed on my lower lip as he walked towards me, taking my face in his hands. He stared into my eyes for a moment, before he brought his lips to mine, kissing me lightly.

“You know babe – I missed you,” he went on. “I just came back from Italy and while I was there, I did a lot of thinking. I was an asshole and I’m sorry. You know I get upset sometimes and I say things.”

I was silent. He had gone to Italy. So that’s why he hadn’t been picking up my calls or texts. He had flown halfway around the world and expected to just waltz back into my life at his own convenience. Typical Lucas.

“Yeah I know,” I retorted shoving my hands into my pocket. “It was your lack of communication that told me it was over.”

Lucas’ eyes flickered to the ground as he nodded. “I just needed some time, Jackson.”