Ch. 11 - Battle Royale

Author: undefmidi

2018

Boku no Hero characters, original story and everything belongs to Kohei Horikoshi, the author of said series. I only own the Plot.

If you like it, please share it!

...

Chapter 11 – Battle Royale

It was the time.

The strategies that the students built, the training they had to keep up; everything would be used in the Royale.

The students were, for the most part, prepared for it. They had used their time to think on what to do since they couldn't go empty-handed against a lot of other people. Being in a duo gave them help, and provided them with the opportunity to make combinations with their respective quirks.

Izuku thought about what the possible combinations that the others would do were. Of course, he may have had one thousand ideas, but anything could happen midst the assignment.

He clenched his hand, looking around at the field, Ground Gamma, a pseudo-maze formed by countless factories, industrial tubes, and irregularly, though conveniently, placed platforms. A place suitable for a Battle Royale, indeed.

He also gazed at the other students; whom all waited for the signal to come off, which would indicate the start of the activity. Nejire stood there, focused. She also helped Izuku to make their own plans.

Furthermore, she was somewhat baffled at Izuku's main suggestion—the plan they were going to execute. It was just a simple concept that made them more resilient and gave them more options. But still, she was still surprised.

Taking everyone by surprise, the bell chimed, and just like in the entrance exam, there was no countdown. Birds flocked away at the sudden outburst of the loud students, who, with haste, tried to execute their respective plans.

Nejire gazed into Izuku's eyes and nodded, resolute. They were going to win this.

The boy, understanding the signal, readied himself on the ground like a track runner, looking only in front of him. Nejire placed her hands on the ground and it began to tremble, shaking the buildings nearest to them.

Not long after, the ground below Izuku imploded, sending the boy high to the sky. Behind him, came Nejire, adjusting their trajectory mid-air. Of course, they didn't have any kind of pre-insight on what the arena would be, but they had an idea of what to do. The scenario would be advantageous to them, mainly to Izuku, who couldn't control One for All properly.

The ground was far below them, zooming past like a blur. For a moment, they admired that oh-so-different scenario. But there was no time for that.

Izuku sighted a rather tall building, noticing that it would likely benefit them. "Nejire-san, to the right there is a good place to land," He pointed at the place and began to look around, for any signs of anyone.

After analyzing the place, they landed safely, making a soft thud on the metallic surface.

"If we stay put, even if they don't find us, this training would be useless... We can't go rushing..." Nejire commented, crouching on top of the roof and looming over the arena. It was neither big nor small.

"I agree..." Izuku placed a hand under his chin, also crouching beside her. "I think... We should stealthily advance through the place, and take out a group at a time..." He coldly added.

She took a quick glance at him over her shoulder. "You're quite cunning, huh?" She looked back at the ground below them.

"Oh..." He quickly stammered. "I just like strategy books... Sun Tzu's works are really good..." His cheeks rosened a bit.