2

Thomas's POV

I strut away from the battlefield. As I walk by students, I get high fives and compliments, along with a shit ton of glares. Everyone enjoys watching the school's greatest enemies throw down.

But they have no idea how I really feel.

The bell rings for class but honestly, who gives a shit about Pre-Calc.

Once Burr and Jemmie realize we're not going to class, they both groan.

"Y'all can sacrifice your 4.0s for the sake of friendship."

They follow me into the bathroom and we set up camp like we do when we skip class.

"So, Thomas," Jemmie starts, "You're doing a surprisingly good job at hiding your... secret."

"What?" That was Burr.

"I mean, you have no remorse while arguing. It seems that wouldn't want to bring him to tears but... you did. And you walked away like nothing happened," Jemmie said.

"Wait, what are we talking about?"

"Well, I know how to act," I reply, "I really can't have anyone knowing that I *ya know* when it comes to *ya know*"

"I'm lost. Did I miss something?"

"But listen," I say, "I have a plan in order to get you-know-who to become my you-know-what."

Burr stands up and says, "Okay, if you two have a secret that I don't know and you're going to be speaking in this secret code while I'm here, then I'm just going back to class."

"Fine. Bye," I say nonchalantly. Burr picks up his things and leaves with a huff. I turn back to Jemmie.

"Do you wanna know what I know?"

"Sure."

"You really wanna know?"

"Yes, Thomas. I really want to know."

"I don't think you wanna know."

"Jesus Christ, Thomas, just tell me!"

"Lafayette's leaving for France in two days."

"How does this have anything to do with you trying to get Hamilton to date you?"

"I have a plan."

".....And what might that be?"

We spent the next few minutes talking about my genius plan, which is much, much, much more genius than anything Hamilton has ever thought of. Bam.

Eventually, the bell rang for lunch, so Jemmie and I headed for the cafeteria. I started thinking about Alex along the way. How in the world I fell in love with that tiny liberal prick, I don't even know. We really should be enemies. And I'm sure he believes we are.

But I don't feel that way.

I don't talk during lunch. I get some weird looks from the kids who always hear me talking, but I ignore them. I need to solidify my plan.

I need it to work. Dear fucking God, I need it to work.