1

Everyone knew about the eerie similarity between fellow students Marie-Joseph Paul Yves Roch Gilbert du Motier, Marquis de Lafayette and Thomas Jefferson. Same face. Same hair. Same eyes. Same skin. Same voice (even with Laf's thick French accent). Same height. And some questionably experienced girls in the school have claimed that they even have the same *ahem* you know...

The only things different about the two is the way the wear their hair (Laf wears it up in a tight, poofy ponytail and Thomas lets it fly everywhere), the length of their names, and their personalities.

But they're not related. Not at all. Not even a little bit. Laf came to America all the way from France and Thomas was a Southern-motherfucking-Republican.

Walking side-by-side down the hallway of Yorktown High, they look like twins. But the brief moment of seeing double quickly ends as the two split up.

Them walking side-by-side was coincidence.

They're not friends.

Lafayette walks over to his locker, where three of his best friends are waiting for him.

The first, an attractive young hunk by the name of Hercules Mulligan. Good for spying on students to figure out the gossip. The next, a gay, turtle-obsessed boy covered in freckles who's name is John Laurens. Head of the GSA. And the last, Laf's boyfriend of 2 years and 4 and a half months, Alexander Hamilton. A short, opinionated boy who will fight you. Hell of a writer, and his favorite hobby is sucking up to the principal, Mr. Washington. Not the official leader of the Debate Club, but he practically runs the whole thing.

"Laf!" Alex jumped up and briefly kissed his much-taller boyfriend.

"Bonjour, mon amour," Laf replied, slight sadness in his voice. It was subtle, but Alex noticed it right away.

"What's wrong?"

"I, uh... I didn't want to tell you, so you wouldn't be upset... but I'm going to be going back to France for the rest of the school year."

Alex's eyes got wide. John and Herc were suddenly paying attention.

"You're leaving!?" Alex practically screamed.

"Oui, I—"

"When are you leaving?" John piped up.

"Two days."

"Two days!?" Alex screamed again. "How long have you known you were leaving??"

"A few months."

"WHAT! Why in the world didn't you tell me!?"

"I am sorry! I didn't realize you would react so strongly..."

"It's... it's okay, I'm just... I'm going to miss you."

"I know. You can always text me. Je t'aime," Laf leaned in and planted a kiss on Alex's forehead. Alex, in return, grabbed Laf's face and kissed him on the lips. Their moment was ruined as the twin made a reappearance.

"Oh, lay off it, you liberati-lovebirds."

Laf looked up to see the one and only Thomas Jefferson, sprouting his signature curly hair and rambunctious magenta coat. With him was his own little clique. James Madison was on his left, trying not to cough in the middle of Thomas's big I'm-going-to-insult-you-so-good-moment. Aaron Burr was on his right, completely disinterested in everything that was happening.

"Shut the fuck up, you absolute green banana."

Thomas laughs his Southern laugh. "Is that all the so-called 'genius' Hamilton can say in retaliation?"

"Your mother was a whore!"

"Your mother's DEAD!"

"TOO FAR, JEFFERSON!" Lafayette yelled as he embraced Alex, both comforting him and preventing him from attacking Thomas full-force.

"That was definitely too far, Thomas," James said quietly. Thomas only scoffed. He turned and began walking away, snapping his fingers to signal the others to follow.

As you can obviously see, Thomas and Alex are complete and utter enemies.

Or so it seemed.