"I asked you a question." She says through gritted teeth.

"I uh." I utter, stepping to the side. "I was just cleaning." I shuffle along the shoe shelves to get further away from her making sure I don't make eye contact. "I'm done. I'll be out of your way." I don't know how I make it to the door in such a short time but before I disappear from Ashton's closet, I hear Francesca question him.

"Since when do you have the maids organise your closet."

I'm out of the room in one second and flying down the stairs the next not bothering to take the lift. Once I'm sure of my safety, I walk but briskly and head for the closet that holds my handbag and jacket. With the bag in my hand and the jacket over my arm, I turn straight into a body. The Ashton sensors in my body spark to life as my breathing halts.

"Sorry." I step to the side as if to let him pass but there's no way forward. I'm very aware of the closeness and unfortunately stepping back isn't an option.

"Why are you running?" he questions not making any moves to widen the space between us. He is so close I can smell his shampoo and aftershave. I want him to give me space to breath but then – I don't. "Star struck again?" I look up to encounter the laughter in his eyes.

"No." I try to match my smile to his but the nervousness in my system won't allow it to happen. "She's kinda scary." Ashton laughs bowing his head which touches the tip of mine. He falls back in his original position and speaks.

"I'm sorry." My smile drops as I search his eyes for answers regarding his apology. "I had to leave for a few days." I'm confused. Why does he have to apologise when it's part of his job to travel?

"Why are you apologising for that." I query, keeping my eyes on his. This is the longest I have been able to look him in the eye without breaking contact within seconds. I'm happy to know that I'm making progress.

"The paparazzi, the stories. All of it." I nod, and then look down because I don't know exactly what to say or do. He doesn't really have to express his regret since he doesn't run the media. "I cannot say that I didn't expect it to happen."

My gaze travels to him again. "Then why?"

This time he's the one to look away. "I had to reshoot a few scenes in Italy and -" I cut him off because the answer he gives isn't what I was looking for.

"No... I meant why the dinner. You must have known that it would cause you problems with the media and y-your girlfriend." I say the last word with the energy of a wet tissue. I hate to admit it but him having a girlfriend ticks me off. They are so perfect together in the media and I know deep down that what I heard in the room is not the whole story. Maybe Ashton said what he said in a fit of anger.

"What did you hear up there?"

I look down to avoid his question but the silence that follows tells me that it won't be enough to run away from this.

"Nothing."

"Really?" He takes a step closer taking up the space between us along with my ability to breathe. I'll be hyperventilating in a second if he doesn't move back.

"Your g-girlfriend i-is upstairs." I stutter. He's too close and she can walk in any moment. Imagine how she'd feel.

Silence plays out before us once again.

"Is that what it sounded like?" Once again I'm tempted to look up at him but the shelf behind me makes it impossible. I must say though that I'm grateful for the disadvantage.

FATHER OF MY CHILD... Mr Hollywood UPDATEDOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara