Introduction

Hey guys! So this is gonna be my second fanfic,hopefully.
I haven't put anything into concrete so this is going to be an experimental first chapter,to test if the idea is worth pursuing or not.

Disclaimer: I don't own TMI,sadly.

LEGGO.

Warm sunlight streamed through the open window,warming my skin. I opened my eyes blearily,coming out of my dreamless sleep.
The world slowly drifts into focus. Raising my arms above my head,I stretch out like a cat and yawn delicately. Sitting up, I run a hand through my long locks,casting my eyes around the large white room.
Moments later,Alice,my personal maid,walks in. She smiles kindly at me.

"Good morning,my lady, I trust you slept well?" She questions warmly,blue eyes twinkling.
Alice was a short,middle aged woman who had been my personal maid since I was little. She had been a mother to me ever since my own died.
I smile softly back at her.
"Alice,how many times must I remind you to call me Clarissa?" I chide lightly,even though I know she never would,the woman is just too polite.
I prefer Clary over anything-but my father and my brother refuse to call me anything but my full name. The only one who ever referred to me as Clary was Jocelyn. A small pang of sadness goes through me as I think of my mother who I miss everyday.
Ever since she passed away all the laughter had gone from this god-forsaken castle.
I was more a prisoner than a princess.

My name is Clarissa Morgenstern,and I am the daughter of one of the kings in Idris,Valentine Morgenstern.
Idris was a country full of shadowhunters,warriors who hunted demons and slayed them: they were fearless,brave and unmatched.
Even though they are all over the world, since demons are everywhere,Idris is the country of every Shadowhunter,a home for them all.
The countryside was divided up,different families ruling over different pieces of land.
Together,all the kings governed the capital city,Alicante,or the glass city.
Even though I've never seen it (I've rarely traveled outside of the castle) I've heard tales of how magnificent it is,especially the tall glass towers,meant for keeping out demons and illuminating the sky every night.
I would give anything to see them,but father won't let me venture too far outside of the Morgenstern castle.

Ever since Jocelyn's death from a carriage accident when I was six,Valentine had turned to stone.
He had always been a strict man,but he has become cruel,all the love flowing out of him-turning his soul to ice.
Jonathon,my brother,became his apprentice,following after his cruel footsteps since he was to become king after father retired.

And I? I was forgotten,pushed to the side,most likely because of my strong resemblance to Jocelyn.
I was a remembrance of his lost wife,and I have suffered everyday because of it.
So I remained prisoner up in this castle,left with only my drawings.
A bitter taste fills my mouth and I swallow it down and turn back to Alice,forgetting about the past for now.

Alice laughs her soft,tinkling laugh. "At least once more,my lady,as always. Now hurry along and get into the bath,Master Valentine has requested you to be at breakfast soon. Apparently he has some important news."
I groan inwardly. This must be concerning my marriage.
I may only be seventeen,but Valentine can't wait to get rid of me,I thought bitterly. He had been constantly searching for a viable marriage option since I turned of age.

I nod at Alice and follow her into the bathroom,where she proceeds to draw a bath for me. I quickly get in, letting her scrub the lavender soap all over me,leaving my long locks up.
After pulling me up from the bath,she proceeds with her normal routine of readying me,scrubbing me dry,fixing my face to look elegant instead of childlike and fixing my hair up into a simple up do.
She selects a simple pale blue dress,which she proceeds to tug over me. One day,I thought bitterly as she pulls on the corset strings,effectively cutting off my ability to breathe,these dresses are going to be the death of me.