Chapter 12

* Maven *

The door creaks open we all enter, it is a large room with white tile floor and white walls. On the sides there are three doors and if you continue forward there is a kitchen and a living room with a couch and a dinner table.

" This is amazing " The girl with red hair says, probably Mare's sister. Not that they look the same but there is something that seems to link them together.

" You called this a safe house, this is bigger than my house " Kilorn says

" Lets just get to the rooms " Cal, obviously still angry with me, says.

Everybody settles in and I say goodbye to everybody. When I've walked a bit into the forest a voice calls out behind me.

" Don't betray me again, ever or you will be dead "

" I will never betray you Mare " She runs up to me and kisses me making me see fireworks.

" Good " She looks like the girl I saw who fell into a new fate, so long ago, strong and unbreakable

" I'm sorry for all this, I didn't know how to tell you an-"

" It's fine, I mean no nothings fine but I can live with it, especially because you don't want me dead "

" I would never want you dead, ever " The thought makes me shutter.

" Me neither, I love you "

" I love you too " We stand there in the quite of the nature, the water roaring and the leaves sizling.

" This might seem weird but I need to ask, what do you think love is, I mean how do you define love " She looks at me again her hair dancing in the wind

" Maybe..." I think for a while " Giving somebody your heart, knowing they could crush it, and trusting them not to"

" Who knew our king could be so poetic "

" What do you think love is Mare? "

" I don't know, I'll just say what you said " Her laugh is light and beutiful. It takes all I have in me to leave her.

I walk back to their house, I really want to just run back to her and stay there. But we all have duties, and I have to keep up pretences. When I'm back in their house that we invaded the sky is dark blue and purple, guards stand there flanking mother and Evangeline.

" There you are! Where have you been, I told yo-" She looks scared and relived to see me, after all she's done she still loves me.

" Lets just go back, okay mom "

" Okay "

The trip back is quiet, not an uncofortable quiet just, quiet.

* Mare *

I know going out for a run in the middle of the night probably isn't such a good idea right after the king's guards tried to kill you. But they didn't, and the other thing is I can't sleep so what can I do. When the sun starts to rise behind the clouds I start on my way back home, it's not that far so I get home before somebody wakes up. Althought I'm pretty sure mom heard me since she apparantly heard me when we lived in the stilts.

For the first time in a long time I take a bath, it feels amazing to let the heat wrap around me and close my eyes to worry about nothing. It didn't last for a very long while, only ten minutes after Kilorn bangs on the door

" Mare other people want to come in too "

" Then they will wait Kilorn " He leaves and I get and put on my clothes, wich feels weird since they are all dirty and I'm the cleanest I've been since I was Mareerina Titanos. The name makes me shiver, I was a puppet then, a pawn in a game of chess. But the only way to beat the players is to become a player, and I am definatly a player now.

" Finally " Kilorn goes in after me and then Farly and soon everybody has washed up, even though we're in the same clothes we are all much cleaner.

" So what are we going to do? " Shade asks

" Well we need to get some food, I'm starving, there isn't any here is there?" Kilorn says while rubbing his stomach.

" No unfortunatly not " Shade answers

" Well me, Cal and Kilorn can go get something, right? " I say

" Sure " Kilorn jumps to his feet

" Fine " Cal says

We part in the woods and I soon enough get my hands on two rabbits, feeling like I can't find anything more, and probably the other wont have found much more either I go back. But when I come back to my suprise Cal is already there with a deer, how did he find a deer?

" Oh you got.. rabbits, great" Kilorn says behind me in a sarcasic voice

" Well I at least got something "

" You think I didn't get anything? " He says " Well I mean if you think eight fishes are nothing then sure I got nothing "

" And you wonder why we call you fishboy "

" Then I should call you ' Princecharmer ' " Cal scoffs " Oh as if we don't know she has both the princes wrapped around her finger "

" Very funny fishboy "

" Why thank you Princecharmer "

The day goes by and it's almost as if we forget about all the bad things happening outside of the house, almost.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

I'm sorry for the late update, I hope you liked it as always and... This story has over three hundread reads! I'm so, so happy for all the reads thank you so much!