Chapter 10: Confession

This chapter might get a little weird... maybe. Bear with me.

-Author-chan

One month later...

Fuu's POV:

Over the past month or so, Sakura had said there would be changes that would start to occur because of her pregnancy. Fuu hadn't realized just how many changes there would be.

First there had been the morning sickness, and the general inability to keep certain foods down. Fuu had felt that one very early on, and had only been able to keep down Naruto's ramen without throwing it back up again an hour or so later, so she was living on a diet consisting of ramen. Something that, while wonderful at first, had quickly gotten old.

Then there had been the mood changes. Fuu had found herself either extremely happy or depressed, with the occasional mood swing into straight up grumpy and annoyed. No one had been safe around her. Fuu had snapped at everybody... well, almost everyone. Fuu couldn't say why, but everytime Naruto was present, she felt at peace with herself. Sakura and Ino of course had their idea of why. Sakura said it was because Fuu associated Naruto with emotions of safety and calmness that his presence would sooth her. Ino's idea was even more crazy, she said it was because Fuu was in love with him. To which Fuu would instantly reply that she didn't, though she didn't know why she bothered. If she was honest with herself, she knew that she was. There was no other way to describe the feelings she had for Naruto than love. "But what if he didn't love her back? What if he was in love with someone else?" These thoughts scared her, and she couldn't bring herself to say what she wanted to Naruto. She knew that she would eventually. She just hoped that when she did that he would respond in kind.

However today was not the day for worrying about feelings. Ino and Shikamaru were due to head back to Konoha after spending a month with her and Naruto in hiding, and those who would replace them were due any time now.

Wait... Was that new voices Fuu heard outside? Fuu went to the front door just in time for Ino to open it and lead three new Konoha ninja into the entryway. There were three of them. One of them was a girl who had her hair up in buns on either side of her head. She wore a white kimono top with red pants, and had a massive scroll tied to her waist. Standing next to her was a tall boy with a bowl cut and bright eyes in a green jumpsuit. Finally, there was a long-haired boy with pale eyes wearing a white long sleeve-shirt and pants, and around his waist was a black battle clothe.

(I don't know what else to call it. Any suggestions that sound better than what I've got would be appreciated. If I like your idea of a name I'll even give you a shout out in the chapter)

The boy's pale eyes met hers, and Fuu felt for a moment like he was gazing into her soul. His eyes then widened, before brightening with understanding.

"Greetings." He said. "You must be one of the VIPs we've been sent to guard. My name is Neji, Neji Hyuga. I am at your service." He bowed respectfully to her. Fuu was surprised. She knew she had been designated as an VIP, but she certainly wasn't expecting the boy to bow, nor was she expecting the other two ninja with her to follow his lead.

"Greetings, I am Rock Lee. I will do my best to protect you with..."

"With your flames of springtime youth, yes yes." Fuu interrupted.

Lee and Neji gave her a suspicious look.

"What?" Fuu asked. "That is what you were going to say, isn't it?"

"Yes..." Lee said. "But how did you know that?"

Fuu smiled. "Let's just say that your reputation precedes you. As it does of your sensei as well."