Chase Imagine #4

Whatcha think about the new cover? I don't know, I felt like the old one was boring. This one probably is too, but whatever. Anyway this is a Chase imagine (from the title, clearly) and this was requested from anon. They didn't request a name or plot, so I guess I'll make that up. Let's see where my imagination takes me this time...

(Y/N)'s POV

Chase had been acting strange for a long time. Like really strange. I knew about him being bionic, so why in the world was he so nervous all of a sudden? He was avoiding me at all cost, Bree and Adam wouldn't even speak to me. I'm his girlfriend, I have been for a while, why in the world is he so spooked about talking to me all of a sudden? With still no answer, I finally got fed up with it and called him out.

School had just ended, the sound of the bell was still ringing in my ears. Just as always, he tries to be he first one out the door. If this was anyone else, I might not see it as weird. However, this was Chase. He's an absolute nerd. I mean, sure, he doesn't love school, but he was trying so hard to beat Bree and Adam home that I was sure he was avoiding me.

This time, though, I had an idea.

I grab Chase's arm as he was leaving, he spins around, a wild expression on his face. "Hey." I smile.

He relaxes a little, the look around nervously. "Uh, Hey. Listen, I can't talk right now. Super important bionic stuff to take care of, but I'll talk to you later." He runs off.

He always says that. 'I'll call you later' 'Not right now.' 'Maybe some other time?' 'Right now isn't a good time.' But he'd never call, 'not right now' was always, 'some other time' is never, and anytime is never a good time.

Why couldn't I just make him understand? I miss him...

"Chase Davenport!" I scold. He turns to me. "If you don't tell me why in the world you keep trying to avoid me, I swear I will break up with you!"

I wouldn't, but it was a good enough lie to make him tell me.

He huffed. "I'm not avoiding you. I'm protecting you. From Krane. Listen, I can't tell you right now, just stop by our house after school, we'll fill you. Ok?"

"Ok. And by the way I would break up with you, it was a fake threat." I walk by him, pecking his cheek.

"Uh...I knew that. Totally." He calls back.

"Mhm. Sure." I say sarcastically.

••Time Skip Brought To You By All Of Life's Problem's••

He did, he filled me in.

"So," he finished. "If I hang around you too much, one of Krane's spies might see that, know you are my weak point and use you as leverage. I can't have that, I can't go knowing that you're not ok, that you could be at Krane's labs. I am sorry I've been avoiding you though..."

I smile, then lean forward to to peck his lips. "You're excused. But no more of it, ok?"

He smiled. "Ok."