My jaw snapped shut at her words, and my eyes widened considerably. Kate Preston rarely cursed, and hearing her do so made me stare at her in shock.

"Let's sit down." I told her after a few moments, moving to the small bench I had been perched on before.

As we sat down, I watched her closely. My eyes studied her pale porcelain skin, checking any visible bruises.

"You look like shit." She remarked, her brown eyes trailing over the staining colors that marked my skin.

I couldn't help but let out a small laugh at her blunt words, feeling myself relax as I did so. "I wish I could say the same for you."

She threw me a small smirk before rolling up her t-shirt a bit, showing me the large black and blue bruise that was on her stomach.

"It's not as bad as it looks," she said quickly, noticing how angry I became at the sight of it. "Sebastian gave me medicine and I can barely feel it anymore."

My spine with rigid at the mention of his name, and I felt bile rise in my throat.

"You love him, don't you?" Kate already knew the answer to her question, but she asked it as though it was more for me to answer for myself.

I shook my head sadly, letting a bitter laugh fall from my lips.

"I did at one point." I admitted. "I don't think I do anymore. I mean, how could I? He's hurt me a countless amount of times, and I'm just supposed to run back into his arms? I mean, it's not even like he's welcoming me back right now. I think he wants me dead, if anything."

Kate listened silently, nodding her head here and there as I spoke. "Was he the reason you left, or was it because you didn't want to be in a gang anymore?"

I let out a sigh before I turned to stare out the window which rain had continued to drum upon.

"This is not a fairytale story," I warned her.

Kate gave me one of her childish grins that was full of sympathy and understanding.

"It wouldn't be real if it was."

+++++

Fake a smile; throw in a smirk, maybe someone will buy into your fake confidence.

I stared at myself in the mirror, my eyes drifting to the prominent dark fingerprints that marked my upper arms where Sebastian had roughly grabbed me. Surprisingly enough, the bruises on my arms didn't bother me.

It was my swollen cheek that made me remember all the reasons why I left.

After I had finally told Kate my entire story, Mason had returned to take her back to her room, only after he told me that we would be going out tonight.

I didn't bother fighting him on that, knowing fully well that my protests would only tempt Sebastian to come upstairs and yell at me for not wanting to go and tell me that I didn't have a choice.

That is, if he even thought I was worth the energy spent in doing so.

I was so sick of not having any choices anymore.

I stared at the fitting jeans and black tank top I had chosen, and found myself frowning at the pathetic outfit I had picked out.

But I guess it didn't matter anymore, seeing as how I was no longer the baiter for the Kings. I didn't need to expose my skin anymore in order to catch some sick man's attention. I wouldn't have to play the drunken damsel in distress, or the slutty girl who desperately needed a man to make her life complete.