Chapter 2 The Question of A Tail

About an hour later Meteora was sitting on the Garden bench wearing her Karata gi Brown Belt, waiting for her dad to return with his other student. 

Meteora sat with her book in hand, reading about the history of...of...I can't read the tit- I mean can't think of a title, yes it's too hard.

But it wasn't long before a pair of scissors appeared in mid-air and sudden cuts down through the air like butter, opening a rift between two worlds.

What came through was a boy, looking to be Meteora's age, with similar features to Marco, only with black hair and green eyes, wearing a Karate gi with a Green Belt. 

"Look, all I'm saying I think its time to upgrade me to something a bit more, cooler, something that can really protect me in a fight. Something that really shows that I'm not just some kid on the block, that I need to be taken seriously. Something like~". 

Marco trails out of the portal "No I'm not teaching you how to wield a sword. Mom and Dad would kill me if I let you anywhere near a sword". 

"Oh come on, you learned how to wield a sword, and you went on all kinds of adventures, and your even king now. KING! Most kids my age dream of such things happening to them, and I, as your younger brother, should take full advantage of this once in an eternity situation. Not lifetime, ETERNITY". 

"You already are Polo, your being given the best knowledge I have to offer. Karate, the very thing that has kept me alive through all my adventures, it was my first and last line of defense against anything and everything. Except for that one time that homeless wizard was trying to steal my hands, for some reason. That guy thought my hands were magic". 

Oh, the portal closed behind them now, just incase anyone cares. Marco, now wearing his Karate gi on with his 6th Dan black belt around his waist. 

"But you've used swords before, and you fought using one, swords are always going to be better than a fist. They can reach further and can do way more damage. They can kill so many things while fist just...they are just useless".

"Ok, first of all, a sword is an extension of yourself, not the means to reach an end. Second, anything can become a weapon of defense and should only ever be. Third, a sword shouldn't be used to prove how much better you are, swords are both a tool and a weapon, one that is meant to serve a greater cause than themselves". 

"Yeah, that cause is me". 

"You're not listening to me. Ok look, let's say you do have all the knowledge to wield a sword, but you have no sword to use. For example, your stuck in the middle of the woods, left in a parallel dimension, where metal eating flying fish tend room the treetops, and all things that were made of metal, have now been eaten".

 "That's oddly specific, who on earth would get themselves-". 

"Me, Polo. I was stuck in that situation, and I would have died had I not possess the knowledge of Karate. Karate can serve in more ways than one, here let me show you".

Marco makes his way over to a simple piece of a plank of wood, taking it in hand, throwing it into the air, but before it could get much height, Marco's barefoot comes slamming down onto a tiny pebble on the ground, splitting the board in two. Then a few punches start rapid hitting the board, splitting the board into small, kindling pieces, forming a tepee. Two of the kindle sticks fell into Marco's hands and he slashes one across the other, making instant fire. "You see, now I have a campfire" saying that with a proud but calm tone, throwing the two lit pieces of wood onto the campfire. 

"Oooh" Meteora came over to sit by the newly made fire, warming her hands.

Polo was less impressed "Please, an ax and matches would have done the trick" Wait seriously?