22.

Talia Booker

Talia Booker

Two Weeks Later

I was laid up against Dean, watching TV, while he fed Bella her bottle. Though it had been three weeks since the wreck, my body was still in a great amount of pain, and I literally wanted to cry every time I moved.

"You want to burp her when I'm done?" He asked me. I shook my head, feeling the tears swell up in my eyes. "Baby...what's wrong?"

"I just feel so useless right now." I told him, wiping a single tear from my eye.

"What? Why do you feel like that?" He asked me.

"Because I can't really do anything because of my arm and leg. Plus, I'm always in pain and I can barely hold my own daughter!" I cried. Maybe it was the hormones or possibly postpartum depression, but whatever it was...it had be feeling pretty shitty about myself.

"Baby look at me." He said, gently placing Bella on his shoulder. He started burping her as he put all of his attention back on me. "It's not your fault that you're hurting and can't interact with Bella like you want to. We were involved in a horrible ass wreck and I promise you that I'm going to find out who hit us, and I'm going to kill their ass dead."

"It has to be between Quanie, Biggie, Sam, and Jocelyn. Those are the only four people I can think of, and since Biggie is back playing the texting game-" I began, but he cut me off.

"Biggie won't be a problem for us anymore. Jude...he...he took care of him."

"How could he possibly do that when he's locked up in a looney bin?" I asked, wiping my eyes.

"Believe it or not, he is running that place like it's his own personal mansion. He's fucking one of the nurses up there and she gives him little privileges, like using her cellphone and all that. It's actually pretty amazing to watch." He chuckled.

"That's far from amazing. That's...another level of crazy." I said.

"Yeah I know, but you also gotta admit...that is some amazing ass shit. Like who do you know can run a psychiatric hospital? Jude's ass, that's who!" I laughed a little, grabbing Bella's little hand and holding it.

"So...are you going to try and get back on track with Jude?" I asked.

"To be honest...I don't know. When we were talking earlier, something was off about him." He said.

"What do you mean?"

"He was talking to himself, all while talking to me." I furrowed my eyebrows, thinking back on the very last conversation Jude and I had:

"Talia, it's Jude. Please just hear me out before you hang up!" He said.

"I'm listening." I said.

"Shut up!" He snapped.

"Excuse me?"

"Not you, not you Talia." He said, quickly. "I know how much you hate me, but I really need you to convince Dean to come see me. It's important."

"I've already tried to convince him, but he's not ready to see you yet. He needs time and he needs space." I told him.

"I've given him time and space! How much time and space does he need?! It's been six whole months and he still hasn't forgiven me!"

"Well I don't know what you want me to say, because I've tried convincing him to come talk to you and he won't budge. The best thing you can do is keep giving him space, while focusing on yourself and getting better." I told him.

"Hold on, Talia. Shut up, shut up, SHUT UP! Get the fuck out of my head!" I heard him scream.

"Babe? Did you hear what I said?" Dean said, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Huh? Yeah, I heard you." I said, scratching the back of my head. "I um...I actually have something to tell you, but you have to promise not to get mad."

"Nine times out of ten, I'll probably get mad, but go ahead and tell me." I sighed heavily and rolled my eyes, slowly trying to sit myself up.

"Okay so...the day you came home and found Tevin bawling his eyes out on our kitchen floor...was the very last time Jude had called me. He called me a few times before then, but I didn't really talk to him until that very last phone call."

"What did y'all talk about?" He asked, slowly climbing out of bed. He walked over towards the baby's bassinet, gently laying her down.

"He wanted me to talk you into coming to visit him, but I told him that you'd talk to him when you're ready. That's not the part I wanted to tell you though. During our conversation, he would lash out and start yelling shut up and cussing himself out; which I thought he was talking to me, but he claims he wasn't."

"He did that shit too when I was up there visiting him. It was like he had a form of turrets syndrome or something. He's been like that since he was little though, but I thought nothing of it. I just thought he was weird as hell, which he is, but obviously he's throwed off." He said.

"I know you might not be ready, but it's clear that Jude didn't start acting this way until you cut him off. I could be wrong, but he needs you babe." I said.

"You may be right, but he needs to want to get better. From what I seen, he's living his best life."

"Looks can be deceiving."

"Okay, I appreciate you trying to repair our broken relationship, but can I please have my mean baby back? The one who would say fuck Jude in a quick minute?" He asked, leaning down and kissing my lips.

"I think Bella made me a little soft, but no worries babe. I'll be back to my old self soon enough, and then...I'll be saying fuck everybody." I smirked, grabbing his face and kissing him harder.

"Good, because this new peacemaker Talia is weird as hell."

"Mhm. You'll miss this calm side of me once it's gone. I can promise you that." I said. I wasn't lying either. As soon as my arm and leg are better, I was going back to my old ways. Just until I find the person that hit Dean's car, almost killing me, my baby, and my man. Little do they know...they're in for a rude awakening.