12.

Dean Clarke

Dean Clarke

Finding out that Talia and I are having a baby girl was literally the best news I've heard in a really long time. Though we both kinda knew that she was a girl, finally having it confirmed made it all the more special.

"Ice cream. I need ice cream." I heard Talia say, as she hurried into the kitchen. I chuckled and shook my head, heading back outside to retrieve all the baby shower gifts we received. I guess now that we were for sure about the sex, we can get started on the baby's room. Popping the trunk, I was about to grab the bags, but I stopped when I felt my phone vibrating. I pulled it out of my pocket and saw that it was an unknown number.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Mr. Clarke? This is Dr. Howard, down at the Compass Health Center, and I was calling because your brother is having a hard time coping with the loss of his parents."

"Okay? The fuck you telling me for?" I asked, getting an instant attitude.

"I know you haven't fully forgiven your brother for what he's claiming that he did, but-" I quickly cut him off.

"Claiming? HE ADMITTED that he murdered our parents, therefore...I WILL NOT be forgiving him so don't call my phone telling me that he's having a hard time coping because that's complete bullshit!" I hung up the phone and shoved it back into my pocket, grabbing the bags, and heading back into the house.

After what happened between me and Jude six months ago, I cut all ties with him and he ended up checking himself into a psychiatric hospital. Apparently, he wasn't "in his right mind" when he done what he did, but instead of owning up to what he did...he tried to play it off as him not being able to "cope" with our parent's death.

"Hey, you okay? I heard you snapping from the kitchen." Talia asked me, as soon as I walked into the house.

"Yeah I'm good." I told her. "Them punk ass doctors keep calling me, telling me that Jude is having a hard time coping with our parents death! What kind of shit is that? He is the reason why they're dead and he can't even admit it!"

"Babe..." She began, but I shook my head and walked off. I already know what she was going to say and I didn't want to hear it. For months, she's been trying to convince me to go see my brother and I appreciate her trying to help, but she's not. When I said I was done with Jude, I meant it, but for some reason...Talia can't leave well enough alone. "So you're just going to walk away from me? You don't even know what I was going to say!"

"Yes I do, cause you say the same shit every time, and I don't want to hear it!" I snapped.

"He's your brother, Dean!"

"And I don't give a fuck!" I shouted. "What he did was unforgivable and you of all people should know how that feels!"

"Yeah, I know exactly how that feels, but the difference between my situation and yours is that I have family to fall back on! All you have is Jude, and I know you have me and the baby now, but Jude is your flesh and blood." She said.

"You're starting to give me a headache." I huffed.

"You know what? Forget I said anything." She turned and walked off, but I knew she'd turn right back around.

"Three...two...one." I mumbled, watching as she turned back around and stomped back over towards me. See what I mean?

"And for the record, I hate Jude just as much as you do, but at least I'm trying to bring you both back together! I know he can't be trusted, and I'm not saying you should forgive him right away, but at least give him a chance to earn your trust back!" She snapped, hitting my arm. "I want cake now. Did you bring the cake in yet?"

"Yeah...it's in the kitchen." I told her, furrowing my eyebrows. How she go from going off on me, to wanting cake? I swear, her hormones be having her all over the damn place. She turned and hurried into the kitchen and I followed behind her. "Baby? I'm sorry for snapping off at you when you were just trying to help. I just need some time to get over what he did. Maybe then...I can forgive him and we can move on from this."

"I understand. Take all the time you need, babe. In the meantime, we need to start on baby girl's nursery. We got four more weeks until she's here and we still have a lot to do before then." She said, wrapping her arms around me.

"Don't I know." I sighed. "Like picking out a name."

"I have a few names in mind, that I want to run by you, but I also want to give her two middle names. You choose a middle name and I'll choose a middle name." I smiled and nodded my head, placing a kiss on her forehead. When Talia first found out about her pregnancy, I didn't think she would include me in any of her decisions, but lately I've been included in every single decision. I'm not complaining or anything, I'm just shocked that she allowed me to put my two sense in. The old Talia, the ruthless, mean side of her, would've probably never let me have an input or decision. But this love sick, pregnant Talia...she wanted all that and then some. I like that side way more than the ruthless, mean side, but don't tell her I said that.