He's My Mate?!

I watch the demon as we circle each other. It lunges at me and I quickly jump out of the way and sweep its legs out from under it. Making it topple to the ground, but as it jumps back up, it swipes at me. It's claws dig into my shoulder.

Jumping on me I buck trying to get it to detach from me. Getting on my hind legs I fall over on to my back crushing it. Big mistake. it falls but slashes my stomach while I'm vulnerable. It tries to bite my jugular, but I somehow  on pure luck dodge him. Somehow the creature corners me and the blood loss from my wounds are taking their toll on me. I'm starting to black out.

The demon lunges at me and I brace myself for the hit, but it never comes. Slowly I open my eyes and see a big male gray wolf. He has killed the demon and walks over to me. The last thing I see is him giving me a toothy grin, and sending me the image of us standing side by side and one word, before darkness takes over my vision.  

Mate.

I wake up in the packs infirmary. Jack is sitting in the chair next to the bed, and there is somebody I don't know pacing the room. He looks to be about the same age as me and Jack. His hair is brown with some blond flecks in it and his eyes are a beautiful blue-green with some gray.

I try and sit up but stop when I feel the pain and bandages on my midsection. Jack stands up and walks closer to the bed

"Hey Rose. How you feeling?" he sits on the edge of my bed.

"Like I need to go kick some demons a** for putting me in here" I leans against the headboard and run a hand threw my hair. Jack just gives me his famous smile and then turns to the boy who has now stopped pacing.

"she'll be fine"

"hey! Who ever said I wouldn't be. Takes a lot more than a little pest of a demon to kill me"

"That little "pest" did quite a number on you there Rose. You need to take it easy for a day" I look at Jack then turn away and cross my arms

"Fine". Jack chuckled and pats my head. "You can be such a child". I hit his hand away

"Yeah well this child is your Alpha so deal with it" I playfully growl at him.

I then turn my attention to the man with the blue green eyes. My wolf instincts all scream mate. He turns to me and kneels down to my level

"Hello, I'm John, Alpha of the Wolf bane pack and I accept you Rosabella as my mate" John smiles at me as I have a mental battle with myself.

Am I ready for a mate? When I find my mate I'm suppose to become Alpha and Luna. Am I ready for this. Should I reject him? Should I accept him? Will I regret it down the road if I reject him? He's the only mate I will ever get.

John seems to see my distress and pats my head. "I don't need your answer right away if you need to think about it. Just know I'm here for you if you need me."

I nod my head and Jack ushers John out so I can rest. After I get out of here tomorrow I need to talk to my dad. He'll know what I should do.