Chapter 15

Dylan, Quentin and Clarissa entered the tunnels to find the explosives so they could bring down the entire asylum while Cassie stayed behind with an unconscious Faith. "Once we find the explosives, we have to set them up in every room of the asylum." Clarissa announced before turning to Quentin. "You have steady hands so it's your job to keep the detonator. We're not using the homemade stuff since it's quite unpredictable."

The boys nodded. "How do you know so much?" Quentin asked.

"I have spent the past 54 years studying this place and getting stronger to face the devil." The brunette looked down. "Now we know we're not dealing with the devil, just a very upsetting demon."

The three of them put a few explosives inside some bags and Clarissa set up only one explosive to detonate the concrete wall at the end of the tunnel so the gang could escape without being caught by the blast. "I guess we need to split up and set this place on fire." Dylan spoke.

Clarissa nodded and then smiled at the boys. "Remember, detonate the concrete wall first and then blow the whole place down."

Quentin smiled at the kind ghost. "Despite all this, I really liked meeting you, Clarissa. Your story is so sad yet inspiring." A single left his eye as he glanced at her. "You are brave and kind. I wish you had a second chance."

"I believe I will get my second chance in Heaven." Clarissa smiled, her green eyes glossy. "Oliver, Margaret and I will be together again and we will happily watch over the four of you."

Dylan patted Quentin's back and smiled at Clarissa. "Thank you so much for everything you've done for us. We would be dead without you."

The brunette smiled brightly. "Goodbye!" She said before disappearing for the very last time. At least for now.

---

Cassie was humming to a Miley Cyrus song when Faith regained her consciousness. "Cass?" She called for her friend. "Where's Q?" She asked while standing up from the metal table. "I feel like crap."

The blonde stopped humming and rolled her eyes. "You look like crap too."

Faith rolled her eyes and placed her hand on her aching head. "Did I pass out?" The girl asked.

"No. Clarissa used her amazing superpowers to shut you up cause you were acting like those crazy chicks from the horror movies just before they're slashed." Cassie shrugged. "Too bad I'm not dead to do the same."

The brunette tilted her head. "You are seriously disturbing."

Cassie popped her gum. "My shrink also says that."

The boys arrive at the basement with the bags full of explosives and smiles on their faces. "We're blowing this shit up!" Quentin pointed out excitedly.

"Yeah, now we need to split up to cover more ground." Dylan said while handing out some explosives. "Are you all ready for it?" He asked and everyone nodded. "Right now, it's every man for himself."

Faith grabbed one of the detonators and hid it on her jacket. "I think it's best if I stay with Cassie. We're weaker than you two and that demon seems to prefer possessing young girls." She looks around the room. "I can make sure Cassie doesn't get possessed."

Cassie rolled her eyes. "Kill me if I get possessed. That's basically the same as being raped and I'm really scared of it."

Quentin nodded and then held his girlfriend's hands. "We're leaving this place, babe." He smiled before kissing Faith's forehead.

---

The girls' last stop was the projector room which is closest to the main entrance. "Do you think we will be on the news?" Cassie asked while checking her phone.