005

Sometimes we have to go deep inside ourselves to solve our problems

-Patrick Star

HIM

I knew I was being rude but she deserves it, all women are the same. I went straight to my study immediately when we got here. I had made up my mind to stay out of her way as long as she stays out of mine. About one hour later, she comes in with two bowls of pasta and says "I made pasta and there was some extra, but if you don't want, you can return it to the refrigerator" then she walked out without waiting for me to say anything. I looked at the pasta. She probably poisoned it, I told myself but then I was hungry. I shrugged and told myself, at least if you die you'll get out of this phony relationship.

Immediately the fork of pasta touched my lips, I moaned in pleasure. This is so good. I cleared my plates in a matter of minutes then took a beer from the mini-fridge and used it to wash down the pasta. Why is she being nice if she's like Stephanie, my inner voice asked me but I shut it down, it's probably just an act, I told myself. I went down and put my bowl in the dishwasher then went to the living room. I browsed through Netflix but nothing caught my eye so I went back to the study to work.

My mind goes back to what she said yesterday, she's adopting a kid. Do wicked people adopt parentless children, my inner voice asked but I retorted 'when Kimberly told me that she loved me countless times did you think she was wicked?'

I heard a noise coming from downstairs and went down, as I was going down I slipped on the first stair and painfully rolled down the stairs. I saw Alexandria rushing towards me before black clouded my vision.

Why are my eyes closed I thought while opening them. I looked around and saw that I was on my bed, I felt a cold sensation on my head and found an ice pack there.

'How did I get here?' I asked myself. As if on queue, my door opened and in walked.... ugghhh, my 'girlfriend' with a tray full of different kinds of food.

Pancakes, sausages, croissants, rolls, egg, berry salad, salami, yougurt and other stuff. This woman is making it very hard for me not to like her. "Oh, you're awake" she said once she closed the door. I refused to answer, I'm not talking to her. "I made breakfast" she tried again. I still ignored her then she snapped, she first dropped the tray in front of me before saying "I know you don't want to be in a relationship with me and believe me, I don't want to be in one with you but I can't be living with someone I cant even have a semblance of a conversation with, I don't want you to love me but at least we could be friends, But no, I get a mute arrogant butt who doesn't even talk to me. Ava was meant to come this morning but because I was busy taking care of your sorry butt, I have to get her later and yet...." she stopped and took a breath "You know what, forget it" she finished before walking out.

She was right, I was treating her like a piece of shit and she has been nothing but nice to me since she moved in. I sat up and called my friends - Brendan and Casper to come over, I need to talk to someone.

About an hour later I get up from bed and go downstairs. It is completely dark but there is some sound coming from the indoor theater. I quietly walked in and on one of the seats Alexandria was snuggling with a bucket of popcorn while watching Barbie. What is she? 5? Who watches Barbie at her age I mused while shaking my head. I knew I had to apologize but my big ego won't let me so I went to the kitchen and left a note on the fridge.

Thanks for the meal - P

I went back up had a shower dressed and went to meet the guys where I told them to meet me.