Didn't Jonathan see him entering?

"You scared me, Ardeth". patting her chest. She and Ardeth smile at each other. "How-how do you do? and how do you know?"

"My men saw you and your brother arrived safely on the land with a young boy". his eyes look at Dakota. "Such.. a young. Is he?"

She nodded yes. "I cannot blame the faith. God's plans everything for his human kind. Strong like his father, beautiful like his mother. I bet he doesn't know yet".

He walked toward Dakota. He shakes Dakota's hand. "I am Ardeth Bay. The Medjai. I'm your mother's friend and so is your Uncle".

"Dakota. I'm sorry my mum hasn't spoken about you since I was born. Not even my father was. So, I just know you now. Perhaps my mum's book represents your character about your life, Ardeth Bay the Medjai. Which he helped the lead character in that book she wrote".

Ardeth turned to look over his shoulder where Evelyn stood. "Did she? What she wrote about me. I don't read books, romance or anything".

"You the brave man who fought with the undead". Ardeth nod bite his bottom lips. "Are you?"

"I don't know what you mean. Like I'd say I don't read any kind of book".

Dakota smiled a bit, he looked over Ardeth's shoulder where Evelyn stood then back to Ardeth. "Are you married?" she chuckled. "I bet you don't".

"You're right. I don't. I've got a lot of work to do to protect myself. I am a chieftain and warrior that led my band of warriors patrolling the Sahara desert, which received word from my loyal contact, the curator.. that librarian had found a map leading to Hamunaptra. That librarian is your mother".

He turned to her. Evelyn felt a bit guilty.

"After that happened in Hamunaptra, we lost contact. Until now she surprised me by bringing you here".

He smiled. Dakota eyed the tattoos all over his face.

"Is my protection if you ask about my tattoos on my face, is a symbol of leadership. You read about Scorpion year I notice".

Point at the book. "This year. This year is a great thing he will awaken once again. Well if someone is trying to raise the Scorpion King who knows". he gives Evelyn dead glare, she notices. "They will be a disaster".

"How Jonathan didn't see you coming?" ask Evelyn who she tries to avoid the topic. "He's downstairs".

"No. He's gone for a while".

"I ask him to do chores".

"Well you know him". Suddenly Dakota saw a Falcon flying inside his room then stood on top of Ardeth's shoulder.

He then fed the Falcon. "This is Horus my dear friend and was given the honor and duty of acting as messenger to other Medjai warriors".

He walked to the window with Horus on his shoulder. "I guard this house while you're gone there are lots of thieves around here. I cannot let them have what is inside this house, too much memory to remember".

"That was so kind of you, Ardeth. Thank you". She smiled. Her finger pet Horus on its head. "Oh I miss this Falcon. As matter of fact.. the boy? what his name again and where is he".

The Falcon then flies out after he gives him a treat. "Babu is what you ask. He became one of my warriors. He accepts the faith that I cannot name him right in front of your son. I've told him everything about him".

"Glad you did. He's grown I believe". he nodded his head. "When can I meet him in person?"

Later in the evening. Cairo market. Evelyn bought an ice cream and other things Dakota fancies to keep for his collection. He never felt so happy moving to Egypt.

Beautiful culture he ever experienced. He ran toward one of the handmade lamp stores, standing there.. amusing.

"Can I have these? It's the most beautiful table lamp I've ever seen. Can I?"

"Choose as you like because after this I want to take you to my previous place where I worked before". he chose the lamp, then handed it to her. "Pack me this". she said in Egypt to the owner.

ᗰᑌՏᗴᑌᗰ
Oᖴ

ᗩᑎTIᑫᑌITIᗴՏ

Moments later. Evelyn entering the building behind her is Dakota. Her smile is wider, the museum has changed since she quit the place.

Remembered where she was always hiding behind the shelves reading one of the new arrival books without Dr. Bey noticed. It was years ago.

Now Dr. Bey has a new librarian who works with him here.

As her eyes wander the place. She caught Dr. Bey standing in the middle ordering people around. Especially for his workers. How she misses hearing his voice again, how she misses fighting with his words.

"For heaven sake, Idris! Is that the best you can do? My grandma can do better than you. Carry the statue to Ramesseum wasn't that so hard. Go there then put it there". he said in Egypt.

"This is the best I can do!". Idris replied in Egypt. "If you are strong enough then you carry it all by yourself".

Dakota standing beside Evelyn. Eyeing Dr. Bey. Hand at his hips. Dr. Bey argued back.

"Out of my way, Idris. Why I hired you?'' Before he could reach the statue, the corner of his eyes caught someone watching him. He turns and sees Evelyn and this young boy beside her. "Evelyn?"

Smile. Approaching him. "Hello Dr. Bey".

"My my. Evelyn. It's been so long since. Ardeth told me you came back. I never thought you would visit me here anymore".

"You're my favorite person I love to work with, how can I forget". he smiled with a nod. She spoke again. "It's nice to see you again".

Nod his head. "Indeed we are. Kindly introduce this young boy to me. He told me everything".

"I guess he is. Yes. You have no idea how hard it is to forget. Still his blood in him".
She makes a circle on Dakota's back. "Dr. Bey.. this is my son, Dakota".