Chapter Thirty | Just Some Guy

Start from the beginning

At this point, I rarely noticed the looks that Matteo's pack gave me in the pack house. But as I trailed just inches behind the girl, it was impossible to not notice the looks people were sending my way. They looked almost fearful. Not for me, but for the poor girl who I decided to use as my own personal GPS. What did they honestly think I was going to do to her? Beat her? Humiliate her? Burn her? Kill her?

I get that I don't tend to associate myself with any of the people in the house other than Matteo, Jack, and Dani on a good day, but was it really that weird to think that I was capable of being friendly?

I brushed off all of the weird stares that I was receiving, and followed the girl all the way to a third floor lounge. She stopped at the entrance and pointed toward the couch. Immediately, I spotted a familiar abundance of long, blonde locks cascading off the arm of the couch.

"Leave," I stated lowly.

"Yes, Luna," she replied quietly, and quickly left my side.

"Wow, you're finally accepting your place," Daniella chuckled from the couch. I thought I had been quiet enough that she wouldn't hear, but that was probably pretty stupid of me to think. I decided to ignore her statement rather than getting into an argument, and made my way over to her instead. She was laying across the couch reading a book. Her eyes never moved away from the words on the pages to meet mine. "Is there a reason that you're staring at me like that?"

"I need you to come with me," I stated trying to keep the embarrassment out of my voice.

"Where?" She asked, seeming uninterested.

"To speak to my father."

"Is that an order as my Alpha?" She asked making my brows knit together. I shook my head, but she wasn't even looking at me to see it, so I just felt like a total idiot.

"No. It's a plea as a friend," I stated bravely. I never really thought of Dani as a friend, but I guess she was as close to a friend, besides Jack, that I had. My response managed to catch her attention. Our gazes met one another, and the snarky look on her face fell. For the first time, I think Daniella actually felt something other than hate for me.

"Okay, kid."

That's how we ended up back at the entrance of the cellars. The guards who I had I brief conversations about taco Tuesdays and how the sun is actually just a star about an hour ago greeted us.

"Back again, Luna?" The one on the right side of the door asked.

"Yea," I grunted as I opened the cellar door. The musty smell of the cellars immediately violated my senses.

"You were already here?" Dani asked as she trailed behind me.

"I don't want to talk about it," I muttered causing Dani to laugh. The door shut behind us with a very loud thud. It made everything seem much more dramatic than it actually was.

I wasn't afraid of the cellars. I didn't even feel the slightest bit of discomfort in them. Maybe a few years ago I would have, but they just seem like another room to me. What made me uncomfortable were some of the people inside of the cells. One guy was missing an arm. Tell me that is not just strange.

"This way, idiot," Dani piped from behind me as I was about to ask what happened to the dude's arm. I turned to find her, but the only thing left in the hall was the echo of her voice that trailed away down another hall. "Come on."

"You might wanna get that looked at," I noted to the guy missing his arm sitting in the corner of his cell. He growled lowly at me, and I took that as my signal to leave.