⦁ Selfish and Selfless

Selflessness is a trait ingrained in us from the start. How our mothers would make us share everything with our siblings or with people alike,but we snuck some things away anyways right? Why do we do that? Is it because we're not selfless enough? Or is it because we're selfish?

Remember that last bar of chocolate that you raced towards before your sibling could? The transformers toy which you put on your shelf claiming complete ownership for it even for a little while? Or that lip gloss which you bought secretly? That you bought only for yourself? Yeah that. You kept it only for yourself.

Don't feel guilty for it. Sometimes it's okay to be selfish. Somedays it's better to lose your selflessness,but don't lose it forever. We're taught to be so selfless that we forget to be a little selfish for ourselves. We forget to indulge in the good things and often give them away.

Being selfish is a getaway for self-care. Turning your messages off,or racing towards that last bar of chocolate again. Be a little selfish to others and show more selflessness towards yourself. Afterall, you can neither take care nor share with another being unless you're treating yourself the same way. So, don't go on blaming God for all the uncaught goods okay?

P.s.- 'selfless' without 'less' is just 'self' (you),just add the 'ish' for yourself accordingly (more biriyani for youuu!)