"Describe her to me" he asks mockingly and I give him a questioning look, but he seems to be genuinely curious.

I fall silent as I picture Cassie in my mind. How can I adequately describe her, when in truth she is indescribable? I resolve to try my best in the spirit of things and take a deep breath in preparation of opening my raw wounds by thinking of her.

"She's short in stature but makes up for it in her strength of will. Her eyes are as blue and as deep as the ocean. Her skin is pale and her hair fair...on a sunny day it glows like shafts of sunlight..." I trail off, staring into the dark and imagining her standing in front of me, only to realise that I have Edmund's rapt attention.

He pulls back looking at me, examining me thoroughly, all trace of humour gone.

"You're a good man Maxwell" he says, raising his hand to shake mine. "Many a man would hide from speaking of his wife so affectionately to another. I can see that she holds your heart in her hand"

"That she does" I say confirming his thoughts and nodding at him.

Jeering from a nearby crowd of men distracts us from our conversation and Sir Edmund looks around to see what all the commotion is about. He looks back to me and excuses himself to take care of his own men for the night.

"We have an early start in the morning Maxwell. Get your rest." And he proceeds to walk away. "Oh and Maxwell?" he shouts loudly over the crowd.

"Yes?"

"I'll try not to dream about your wife tonight if you promise to do the same!" he laughs loudly and swaggers off.

The bloody git.

I reach the men shortly after and notice that they've erected the necessary tents, started a roaring fire and are currently cooking tonight's dinner, which consists of deer we'd caught earlier in the nearby forests.
I've already eaten so I get right to the point and tell them what our orders are. They're none too pleased as I expected, but know better than to talk against the king's orders whilst in his camp.

I retreat to bed, promising Alex to explain everything in the morning and asking him to ensure the men get some rest soon.

I lie down on the floor of my private tent with my blankets tucked around me and breathe a sigh of relief that today is over, at least now I know the course of action I will have to take.

I lie on my back with my arms behind my head and my thoughts immediately fly to Cassie, and wondering how she is. I pray she's coping alright.

I picture her lying in bed without me to protect her and my insides tense; but they ease as the image of her naked soft body lying next to mine floats steadily into my mind. I close my eyes and sigh, imagining her riding me, her hair falling in soft waves down to her perfect breasts, her hips moving under my hands and her head falling back in ecstasy. God, what I wouldn't give to be with her right now, I would show her just how much I love her and I how much I worship her beautiful body.

I drift off with echoes of her moans ringing in my ears.

-------------------------------------------

I wake up as hard as my Broadsword and gasp with the need to sink myself into Cassie. I'm desperate for relief but I have no time and certainly no privacy with the men rousing themselves right outside, so I get up and call for help with getting my armour on.

Today will be a tiring and testing one, and I intend to leave as soon as possible to complete my orders – I need to get back to her as fast as possible.

The morning is warm and bright and the men's spirits are lifted as we make our way North West towards the borders. We fall into a steady trotting pace together, Alex and I riding in front leading the way.
Sir Edmund and his men left an hour or so before us at first light, seeing as they have fewer men to prepare and ready for possible battle.
We follow their faint tracks through the fields and Alex sidles next to me on his horse, asking questions about our planned strategy.