3. I'd Bleed For You

I came home at midnight. I couldn't believe I had been out for two hours this late at night. I felt as if I could collapse. Then, my mother came into the living room where I was momentarily catching my breath.

I knew she didn't like me out so late. And I had forgotten that rule. But Stefan...he was worth anything. Worth any punishment. I'd return to him tomorrow. But I knew one thing. I had figured out that he was the strange thing watching me. He never denied being in my dreams, and I knee these dreams and the person watching me had to be somewhat interconnected.

Maybe...I'd see him sooner than I expected. I'd see him tonight again. He'd sneak into my room and I'd figure out how he was doing this.

"Where were you?" My mother questioned, a scowl on her face.

"Out with a friend." I murmured.

"Doing drugs and having sex, no doubt."

I frowned. My mother always thought of me as the rebel child. I was the child who wore dark clothes and was incredibly depressed as she put it. According to the movies and sitcoms she watched, I was supposedly suicidal and stupid. She obviously didn't know me at all.

"That's not tr-" before I could finish my sentence she had smacked me hard in the face, aiming for the center of my face.

I cupped my hands over my face to cover my bleeding nose, my face becoming flushed with blood. The blood dripped from my bloody hands to the floor, only making my mother even more upset. I shouldn't give a fuck, but it'd only result in worse for me. I didn't have time for her. I could care less if she thought I was a virgin or not, in the end, she wasn't taking credit for whoever raised me. I raised myself if anything. Her cruel and abusive discipline did nothing compared to my experienced and insightfulness.

I shot her a good glare before running up the steps to my room.

Once in my room, I entered my bathroom, cleaning my face.

She claimed to be saddened by what I've become. But I always looked through the eyes of other people, I always wanted to see what they felt. But all I could see in my mother was blind fury. I knew she never stepped back and thought about how I truly felt, she only saw the surface. She claimed I didn't feel, that I had no emotions. Like I was inhuman. But she was really the monster here, but again, she's blinded by violence and anger.

Both my parents considered me possessed. They say I'm influenced by the devil and by doing this to me, they were trying to get me out of it. But I believed in God...I loved God... I knew he created me and made me beautiful as he had wished. Why couldn't they understand I had the same faith in God as they did?

Then, my window creaked open. I spun around to meet his crimson eyes again. My face became flushed and I was bleeding again. I covered my face and pinched my nose, making my hands bloody again.

Stefan's eyes widened and he backed away a little, clutching onto my desk.

"You're bleeding... Are you alright?" Stefan asked.

"I'm fine,"" I turned around, hiding my face, completely embarrassed by the fact he saw my nose bleeding. "I knew you'd come..."

"I knew you'd figure me out," he smiled softly, but frowned again. "Your mother did that, didn't she?"

I didn't answer. I had forgot I told him most everything in my dreams. I had nothing to hide. I told him the funny, the happy, and my despair. I didn't let myself cry, afraid I'd ruin my make-up and look like a piece of shit in front of him. He didn't come closer, he stayed a safe distant. But he spoke in a soft voice to comfort me.

"You're beautiful, Cali. Don't let her bother you. You have a strong belief in God, you're intelligent, and you're talented...if anything, you're God's gift. She's only human...but you seem more than human..." he realized he said the wrong words when I glanced back at him.

"More...than human...," I murmured, finally getting my nose to stop bleeding. I turned around. "Now's your time to explain, Stefan."

I stepped out of my bathroom and shut the door. Stefan took a deep breath, the dim light of the room making him hardly visible. But his crimson eyes still tore into me, as if he were looking for something in me. He stepped closer, not saying a word. Soon, he had his arms softly wrapped around my waist. Without taking his eyes off me, he laid me down on my bed and he leaned over me. He handled me like I was a fragile doll.

He held onto my dashboard of the bed and brushed his lips against mine ever so softly. I wrapped my arms around his neck but this made him tense, I released him, just laying sprawled on my bed. He breathed in my scent again at my neck and he shivered. It was as if he were lost in a trance.

"Now...," he closed his eyes. "Do it. Kiss me as hard as you can. Give me everything."

His voice overwhelmed me and it made me feel even more for him. I wanted to kiss him, but then I'd be forcing him into something. "Tell me first... Tell me what makes you so supernatural. So perfect..." I said softly.

"I...I...just kiss me." he struggled with these words.

"Tell me." I pushed on.

"I'm a monster! Alright!" he yelled.

A monster...a monster... Those words echoed in my head. It all made sense...I had read many books on the supernatural as a child. The dreams to seduce, the meetings at nightfall, and the way he tensed when I touched him. Like he was trying to avoid something. The powers to seduce, nightfall, and avoidance... Vampire.

My eyes sparked as I realized this, he saw it. Even now, I could see two small sharp teeth poking out from the rest of his perfect teeth. And his eyes were a crimson color...how could I be so stupid?

"Kiss me," he demanded. "I promise not to hurt you. I'd never..."

My lips met his forcibly and he jumped. His entire body tensed as he clutched onto the dashboard. Stefan was still incredibly beautiful though. I clutched to him tightly, playfully pulling at his hair and he moaned as my tongue slid over his fangs. It had only been a 5 second kiss when he pulled away, breathless. He was sweating, his body a startling hot temperature.

Despite his critical condition, managed a softly smile to reassure to me that he was alright.

"That was amazing..." his voice was hoarse.

"You're lying." I simply said, looking away from him.

He frowned. "I'd do it again."

"It hurt you. You wouldn't. You just did it to make me happy. You hated it." I frowned, turning my head.

Stefan's face flushed in anger, it scared me as his soft crimson eyes turned into a brightening red as his anger increased. "I love you." Stefan said firmly before giving me an even harder kiss, he pinned my wrists to the bed, digging his nails into them and bruising them.

My eyes watered and I held the yell of pain in my throat. Deep inside, I knew this wasn't to his full extent of aggressiveness. He realized I was in pain and with shaky hands, he released and turned his head away.

He had calmed down. And before I started questioning him, I said something I had never said to anyone before.

"I love you, too." I said softly, putting my hands to the sides of his face. His eyes became happier in surprise.

I was in love with a vampire.