1

I remember my dad telling me stories about what America was like back when he was a fifteen year old. He told me life back when he was a teen was much easier, they had freedom. In 2014 the teens of his generation were told that there won't be anymore freedom, many of them didn't listen. 15 years later, the year is 2029. Our freedom is gone, the whole country is poor. We split up in five different parts, no more America. The only rich people is in the main Quarter; which is in the middle of  what used to be America. All other four Quarters are poor however. 

        Once every year the main Quarter gives each of the four Quarter's money, just enough to survive. They don't talk to us "others" as they call us. The only time they acknowledge us is when we people are forced to move down to the main Quarter where they have to fight to survive because they were  breaking law. 

        "The main Quarter fights" as people call it have been going on for ten years so far. Started up because some dude from the main Quarter thought of an idea and some how convinced people about the fights. Apparently people love the idea of having people fight for the death for no reason, actually they had no choice but to agree with him. The guy who invented the fights was a badge and one of the laws are that if you disagree with a badge you would be publicly executed or enter the main Quarter fights. You can not be out of your house beyond nine o'clock, no fighting, and the third big rule is that you have to have a serial number stitched inside every piece of your clothing for security reasons.

       When you are picked to get drafted into the fights there are big ceremonies that everyone has to attend. When a siren goes off it mean you have forty-five minutes to get to the stage in your area where the ceremony is held. It's very crowded here at the stage. There are no seats and everyone is packed in together like sardines in those small cans. On the stage there is a huge screen which is used to broadcast the other stages in your Quater live, there are ten chairs on opposite sides of the stage with a bunch of people sitting in them, and a podium in the middle of the stage. There are badges all over the place. In the crowd, on balconies, and on the stage. They have clubs in their hands to attack if something goes wrong, they are really tall with black suits. The badges are just security guards with a weapon, but they think that since they have a weapon they can be just like the main Quarter and act like we aren't here.

        There is a lot of people shouting and crying so I can't hear anything. There is two adults next to my family and I guess that they know their kid is going to be in the fights. The mom couldn't stop screaming her eyes out and the devil must have taken over her, she saw a badge walking by her and she grabbed him and started screaming in his face.

"HOW COULD YOU DO THIS? THESE ARE INNOCENT TEENS AND MANY PARENTS WORRYING ABOUT THEIR KIDS GOING DOWN THERE TO FIGHT FOR THEIR LIVES. HOW COULD YOU HELP THESE IDIOTS WITH THIS?"

"Ma'am let go of me now, this is your one and only warning."

"I DON'T GET IT, THIS USED TO BE AMERICA, LAND OF THE FREE AND HOME OF THE BRAVE. WE COULD HAVE OUR KIDS HAVE FUN AND NOT HAVING THEM WORRY ABOUT ANYTHING. BUT NO YOU HAVE TO HAVE OUR KIDS WORRY ABOUT EVERYTHING NOW. GO TO HELL YOU BASTARD."

        The badge gave no other warning. He grabbed the lady, pushed her on the floor and she was on her hands and knees. The husband came up and said to the badge, "Stop, she's just mad our kid is going into the fights." The badge turned around and tolled him to leave or else it was him next. My mom covered my sisters eyes because she is too young to watch what is about to happen. The badge turned back around, held the lady down, pulled out a gun and shot her.

        There was complete silence in the crowd, the lady's body just laid there with blood oozing out of her and a pool of blood surrounding her. Other badges came and they grabbed the lady and dragged her away. After she was shot not a single word came form the crowd, it was just dead silence. Seemed like forever until the chief of authority came out on the stage and started talking.

       "Welcome everybody to our tenth annual main Quarter fights. The last few months these people have worked their hardest to train and to know how to survive in the fights. The rules are simple, three teens and three adults are to be placed in an home in the main Quarter for a year and survive with no law. If you were to escape the fights you would be killed on site. Now on to the names. Jeff Qweston, 24, male. Caught beating up a badge, Courtney Jacobs 20, female. Caught trying to escape the South West Quarter, Phil Mooters 16 male. Caught starting a fight."  After we announced the people in our side of the Quarter, the people on the other side were announced.

        The people  who didn't get announced however are not reunited with their families, not until a year after after the ceremony; but taken to the practice arena and stays there until the year is up, they are still eligible for entering the fights.

         I don't get how they only film the fights to keep on record and not have people from all over the place watch and see if their loved ones survived. The families don't even get to know if their loved ones have survived until after the fights. 

        For the nine past years peopld who were being drafted had done anything to get themselves out. They would break there legs and many would even pay someone to cut off their feet, even though its illegal to find a way out people do it anyway. One kid got caught, he paid a person to cut off a foot in surgery and when  the badge found out what was happening he shot them both.

        The news spread fast that two people had been shot. The teen trying to get out of the fights, and the person about to cut-off the teens foot. People rioted in all five Quarters, demanding that the main Quarter fights were to be shut down. The chief of authority in all quarters keep'd the fights going, they even enforced the rules of having no-one watching. They keep'd every detail secret. They even made a rule that if you were caught entering the boundaries of the fights you would be killed.

        Military wise, if a war ever broke out we had to hide in small bunkers under our house, the military isn't as best as they were when my dad was a kid. It is easier for countries to attack us now a days because our military doesn't get much training and power as they used to. The chief of authorities are just afraid we will rise up and take back over what used to be America