Happy Father's Day! [ Gabriel Reyes x Pregnant Female Blackwatch Reader ]

This is a continuation of Flabbergasted!!!

Didn't check for grammar so please have mercy on me! :( Happy Father's Day!

The past few months had been very tiring, as I had to recover from injuries sustained on my last mission. Not only that, but I suffered from the constant cravings, morning sickness, and mood swings.

Despite what a monster I could become, Reyes was by my side. He always tried to get others to do his work on the battlefield so he could stay with me. However, one day, he wasn't lucky.

"What do you mean I have to be out there?!" He growled into his com.

"That guy you've been forcing to sub in for you broke his leg."

"I knew Johnny couldn't handle it." Reyes grumbled.

Poor Johnny, he's just a rookie. I thought to myself.

"Don't worry, Gabe. They need you out there." I tried to get him to calm down.

"Okay...Fine. On my way." He huffed, and then muted his mic. "I'll be back as soon as possible, honey. I promise!" His angered tone always left when he talked to me, or about me.

I nodded as he gave me a kiss on the forehead. He walked out. I twiddled my thumbs.

When the door shut, I rushed for the trash can beside the door.

***

It had taken almost ten hours for the deployment ship to land.

"Everyone on me!" Reyes called out, sounding disinterested. He told everyone their missions, and assigned  roles to members.

"McCree you are lookout-"

"No way! I am always lookout!" McCree grumbled.

"Too bad." Reyes rolled his eyes, not in the mood to deal with the cowboy today.

"Okay everyone has been told their roles. Let's do this." He sounded unenthusiastic.

His men left the deployment ship, and went off to their designated places.

***

Minutes alone went by in my medical bay room like an eternity. I went between knitting stuffed animals and blankets to watching movies.

Those few hours of solitary were filled with discomfort and odd pain. I would look at the help button from time to time, pondering if this pain was bad enough to be considered an emergency.

After finishing a horse plushy, it happened. I had gotten up to put it with the rest. The pain was bad. It hurt to stand. It hurt to breathe. It hurt to be alive. I fell to the floor. I struggled to hit the emergency button on the bed.

I screamed in agony as I spammed the button.

The alarm outside my room loudly echoed throughout the hallways of the medical bay. Angela and a bunch of other medics rushed into my room, to find that it was my child's time to shine.

***

Every com can hear when an emergency button is pressed, and can overhear medics communication just incase it is important for everyone to hear. These conversations could be muted if deemed unimportant to a specific member.

"Prepare delivery room." Angela's voice came through the coms of every single member of Overwatch.

"[y/n]'s about to give birth?" Jack Morrison's voice instantly responded.

"Yes." Angela replied.

Reyes didn't seem to hear the beginning of the conversation as he continued to slaughter enemies.

"Congrats to her!" Lena's voice chipped in.

"Yeah! Congrats!" Johnny responded. "I remember when my mom gave birth to my sister..." He rambled on.

Reyes hates hearing Johnny talk on the radio, so he went to turn his com down. He suddenly stopped after hearing Angela call out into the mic. "Any medics at the bay who are not busy please help set up the delivery room! This hasn't been used in years!"

"Sadly it was a miscarri-" Johnny was cut off by Reyes.

"Shut up Johnny! Is [y/n] about to give birth?"

"Yes!" Many voices responded.

Reyes froze up in shock, which was a mistake. He got pistol whipped in the nose. He stumbled back. He instantly shot the aggressor in the face. His nose was broken. He let out many Spanish swears.

"Reyes, sir." One of the Blackwatch operatives called out behind him. He sounded anxious.

"What is it?" He held his nose as blood dropped from his hands.

"Our ship has been destroyed...Beyond repair...We are stuck here. They say it will take more than a day for us to arrive back at HQ..." He seemed to cower under Reyes.

Gabriel blinked, unable to respond calmly.

A bunch of angered screams filled the empty wasteland, as his child was about to be delivered half way across the world.