Cake for Two

Yesterday was interesting, there were more than a few golden threads but I couldn't see who they were connected to. Since he didn't want me to start until today he had me back in the kitchen all day. For a small cafe, we had our busy hours but it was fun. Today he would be in the kitchen and I would be on the front lines.

When i walked in I took my stuff to the back and cleaned with Laxus before opening shop.Again, our first customers were Carter and Lucy."Morning guys!" I smiled "Morning!" Carter beamed up at me. "Morning Mira."Lucy smiled. "What will it be today?" "Just coffee for me and another hot chocolate." Carter pouted. "I have a doctors appointment."

I smiled as I made their drinks. "Well they have to make sure your healthy and growing right." "But i don't wanna go!" I handed them their drinks then knelt down in front of him. "How about this. If your mom tells me you've been a good boy next time you come in then you can have a slice of our chocolate cake, on me?" He gasped dramatically. "Really?!" I grinned. "Yes really." He ran for the door. "Come on mom let's go!!" Lucy and I laughed before she followed him out the door.

We were slow through the morning, only Mrs.Day and a dark haired boy came in. At noon a woman with long scarlet hair jogged in. She wore sweat pants that cut off at the knee and a tight tank top. Her hair was tied in a high pony tail and she had a sweat band on her forehead. "Hi, what can I get for you?" she looked up at the menu for a moment before her eyes widened. "A slice of strawberry cake please." I smiled and fetched her cake. She paid and began eating before even making it to the table.

I giggled a little. The door chimed and Lucy and Carter were back. Right behind them was a man with pink hair and onyx eyes. He was holding a little girls hand, she was probably the same age as Carter. A white thread connected them. She had pink hair so light it almost looked white. And I saw it. A golden thread connected the man to Lucy. "Mira Mira!! I was good at the doctor!" Carter cried, pulling me out of my thoughts.

"Good job! Let me go get that cake I promised." I went back and grabbed the last slice if chocolate cake. I handed it to him after sticking a fork in it. "Do you want anything Lucy?" she thought for a minute. "A fudge sunday." I smiled before making it for her. "How may I help you?" I smiled at the man and the lite girl. "Daddy can I have a piece of cake too?" she tugged on his pants. I frowned a little. "I'm sorry sweetie, that was the last piece."

He smiled a little as he ruffled her hair. "Sorry princess, maybe next time."She nodded. While they looked at the menu Carter came up. He held the cake out to the little girl. "You can have it." He smiled. She blinked at him. "Really?" He nodded. She looked up at her dad then to the boy. Then she smiled. "How about this." She looked at me. "Ma'am, may I have a fork?" I handed her one. "Lets share!" both kids smiled. "Isn't that sweet?" I smiled as both kids sat at a table. The man grinned. "She's such a good girl." "What's her name?" "Cora." I smiled as I watched the two kids, a blue thread slowly winding between them. Lucy walked up to the small table and talked to the kids.

The man walked over and smiled, introducing himself. He said his name was Natsu. The four sat for almost an hour, Lucy and Natsu talking while Carter and Cora talked. I smiled as I saw the golden thread brighten. Who knew one slice of cake could draw two people together.

{Who should I do next?}