Chapter 4

The Doctor gave Jack a strange look. "What kind of mission could you possible be on? You are in America, and you are alone.."

"Well... It's not really a serious mission. I'm just here to find a nice, fun loving American woman. Or man, I'm not picky."

The Doctor laughed,"Well all right then. Have fun with that."

Rose was bored and wanted to do something,"I wonder what people do for fun in this town."

A girl, she looked about 16, walked over and sat down beside them. "Nothing. This town is so boring." She had a backpack slung cover her shoulder, she must have just gotten out of school. Cheddar Depot was located by the schools, so kids often went there after school. "Sorry for interrupting. The name is Lilly, by the way. Who are you guys?"

The Doctor looked at Rose and smiled. Then he looked back and Lilly and said,"I'm John Smith," he pointed at Rose. "And this is my wife Rose."

Rose thought to herself 'Why does he keep telling people that I'm his wife?'

"Yeah. And um, I'm Jack. Doctor, why didn't you introduce me? Are you ashamed of me?" Jack said in a kidding voice.

The Doctor laughed to himself,"Yeah Jack. I'm ashamed of you. That's why you're sitting here with us in public."

Lilly laughed,"You're funny. Where are you guys from?"

Rose was the one to speak up,"We are from England."

"Ah. That's so cool. Pip pip, cheerio." Lilly laughed.

'Is she making fun of us?' they all thought.

"Yeah. We don't actually say that.." Rose said.

"Oh, right, sorry." Her phone rang,"I gotta take this. I'll be back."

As Lilly walked away Jack and Rose looked at The Doctor and said in unison,"I don't like her."

"Oh come on, you two. Give her a chance. We've only just met the girl. She can't be that bad."