3 - Back (in School)

Start from the beginning

You know what, screw this. I grabbed my fork and stabbed the orange. I then wiggled the fork until the orange split in half. Ha! Take that orange!

"Wow, you show no mercy," an amused voice spoke from above me. I raised my head up and noticed a girl around my age, looking down at me like she'd just witnessed a murder. I recognized her as the girl I once saw in the bathroom on my first day. She wore the familiar headphones around her neck now. Her curly hair was still in the style of a pony tail.

"Yeah, it got real over here," I replied simply while looking back down at my orange. I then was able to take the outer layer off.

"I see. That orange wasn't ready for what you had planned," she laughed. I looked back up to her. I noticed a light trace of freckles along her cheeks. "l just wanted to ask you where you got your hair dyed. I've always wanted to dye mine but I don't have the balls," she laughed.

"I actually did it myself. And you don't need balls to do it, just skills," I told her, to which she nodded her head and agreed. She opened her mouth to say more, but a bell rung, cutting her off. She looked at the watch on her wrist before looking back to me.

"Well, I gotta go! Nice talking to you," she said before placing her headphones over her ears and heading out of the cafeteria. Her, along with others, were exiting. As soon as all those people were out, another crowd of students entered.

I didn't bother continuing to look, seeing that I wouldn't know anyone who came in anyway. I broke off a piece of my orange and ate it. Ugh, it's so good. Whoever discovered that you could eat these delicious things is a freaking genius.

"Is that her?"

"I don't know."

I heard someone speak, but I continued looking down at my orange, putting another piece in my mouth.

"Yeah, I'd recognize that purple hair anywhere."

That got me to look up. And when I did...my oh my oh my. There, standing before me, is none other than Baddon "Hottie" Wilson and...and another dude; Blondie.

I glanced at my surroundings and spotted a few, and by few a mean a lot, of onlookers. They began whispering to their friends, but not once taking their eyes off the scene in front of them. I waved at the few that were staring at me, but they didn't return it. I guess they have better things to do with their hands than to take two seconds to wave back.

I looked back at the boys in front of me, and found them now sitting. Braddon sat across from me, and Blondie sat next to me. He had pulled up a chair from the next table. I don't know why, since he could've just sat on the other side of me. He must've wanted to be on the end.

"Hi," I greeted them with a friendly smile. Braddon's eyebrows shot up but he didn't speak. Blondie, however, did.

"Hello, love. I'm sure your name is as pretty as your face. Mind telling us what it is?" a British accent spilled from his mouth and I couldn't hide my shock.

"Holy crap! You're British?" I spoke in astonishment as I stared at him. My reaction must've been exactly what he was hoping, because he looked all the more entertained.

"You caught me!" he praised with a charming smile on his face. I have to give it to him, he is attractive, but I don't know what they are doing sitting with me. I turned back to Braddon, whom was stealing a piece of the orange off my plate. Well, I didn't know I was offering.

I opened my mouth to say that, but he cut me off. "This orange is good. Thanks for sharing," Braddon's voice traveled to my ears as he sent a wink my way. I nodded my head in fascination.