Chapter 11

I curse as we walk our way back towards the house. We lost the bastard. He or she was there and now they're gone.

"You could've ran quicker," I half joke.

"You could've, lazy bitch," Tom chuckles.

"Be nice to our girl bro, it's not her fault the only exercise she does is walking to the fridge and back." Flynn winks and I hit him playfully, pointing my middle finger up at him. He places his hand over his heart and gasps, I just roll my eyes.

Once we sit down at the kitchen, I sigh heavily. P.C John left with different objects and fingerprints for evidence. Soon after, Aunt Susan comes back and she stares at our scared faces.

"What's wrong my babies?" She sets her handbag down and walks over to me, placing a hand on my shoulder.

"Someone was in the house while we were. Just... look at your room, I can't bear going in there at the moment Aunt Susan," I sigh and grab three Pims from the fridge before sitting back down again. I hand the twins their drinks and we crack them open and simultaneously take a gulp.

I tap my fingers along the back of my iPhone, thinking. Should I text him? He told me to whenever I feel like I need to. And I think I need to.

I go to the messages and type in his name on the search bar, then begin my message.

Archie

Something's happened, I'm scared
f
or Aunt Susan more than me.

Hey Noelle, what's happened?
Y
ou know you can talk to me.
That's what I'm here for.

I know. Someone's been
threatening us 
lately and
 we don't know who, 
I think
 it's more than just a threat,
I think it may be a warning.

Have you called the police?

Duh, obviously! They've been
over more than twice the passed
few weeks and the threats have
gotten worse

Okay calm down, you've done
everything you can, the best
you can do is wait and be there
for your Aunt just like she's there
for you.

Thanks Archie, I'll update you
ASAP :)

Was popping up to him a good thing to do? Flynn squeezes my hand reassuringly next to me and I look into his eyes, I smile weakly and he puts his head on mine. I take another mouthful of my drink and soon enough it's finished. I go to the cupboard and get something stronger; fireball and coke.

"Easy on the drink El, you don't want to end up drunk," Flynn says, standing up and coming towards me.

I laugh a little, "better than sitting here doing nothing," I say, filling the glass with both liquids and chugging half it down, bad idea. It burns as it slithers down my throat.

"Thanks for offering me some." Tom grabs the bottle from the counter and drinks it raw.

"What about the coke?" I take another sip.

"I'm not a lightweight like you my precious, I'm allowed to drink this straight out the bottle without it affecting me." He winks and I poke my tongue out at him.

" He winks and I poke my tongue out at him