Scary Hours

Jughead's POV

*BEEP* *BEEP* *BEEP* My alarm introduces the day that I dread. The first day of school. Everybody dreads the first day of school especially if you're starting a new school like me. I get out of bed reluctantly and get ready. I look at my phone and see i still have 1 hour and 45 minutes before school starts. Since I'm starving I head over to Pop's and order one cheeseburger and a strawberry milkshake. I hear the jingle sound of the bells when someone opens the door. I look up and see a familiar raven-haired princess. She walks over to my booth. "Jughead Jones," she says and I instantly remember her.

"Veronica Lodge, long time no see," I say with a smirk.

"Still haven't lost your love of food I see".

"Still haven't lost your love of pearls". 

"How long has it been Jug? 8 years?"

"8 and a half years to be exact".

Veronica sighs and then leaves Pop's. Why would she just come and leave in the middle conversation. I finish my burger and drive to school where I meet up with Toni. I feel all eyes on us. I take a quick look around and see all around me are familiar faces. Nothing has changed at all since I left. I notice Toni checking out Cheryl Blossom. I grin since she almost never takes interest in anybody. I shove her in the direction of Cheryl and say, "Go get her".

"Are you crazy. I can't just go up to her and say 'Hey you're hot. You wanna go on a date with me?' Plus we don't even know if she likes girls". 

Toni had a point. "True, but if she does like girls you have to ask her out."

"Fine." Toni rolls her eyes and walks off. I notice a crying Veronica running inside the building. 

Veronica's POV

As soon as I left Pop's I had to take moment to take in Jughead. Like woah. Everything about him has changed expect for one thing. His crown beanie. Ever since I've met him he's always had that  beanie. I walk over to school to catch up on all the hot summer drama when I see Archie and Betty making out. I feel like a proud mom to Betty since she has had a crush on him for 2 years. It feels good for my best friend to achieve what she's always wanted. I hear whispers around.

"What she'll do? More like who she'll do."

"I heard she had sex with all the guys in Riverdale including the teachers." Tears form in my eyes. 

Chuck Clayton walks over to me and says, "Hey baby girl I heard you wanted to have sex with every guy in the school ,so how about you check my name off your list tonight." I am disgusted with the words that came out of Chuck's mouth. I punch him hard in the face that it leaves a bruise. I quickly run to the girls' bathroom where I can be alone and be away from all this madness. I footsteps follow behind me so I panic and freeze. They get close and I turn around to see the friendly face of Jughead. I don't know why but when I'm with him I just feel safer. Its weird because I only just saw him for the first time in 8 and a half years. 

"Hey Ronnie, you alright?"

"To be completely honest with you no, not at all." I feel him hugging me and I start crying buckets of tears. 

"Shhhh, let it all out. I'm right here for you Ronnie".

_______________________________________

Author's note

Sorry that my chapters are so short but I'm here to say that there will be no updates for a week since I will be on vacation. Sorry if this bothers you