Imagine

Veronica's POV

School just finished for the day which leaves the rest of the day to get ready for homecoming. Jug is currently in detention and it's all my fault. I can't keep dragging him along for much longer and I especially don't want this to end like it did for Jason and I. We broke up because I cheated on him with Reggie. it's all my fault! If I didn't cheat on Jason with Reggie then Reggie wouldn't slut shame me which means that Jug wouldn't have found me crying and then maybe our relationship wouldn't have started and I could have saved him from this whole mess that is my life. Shit, I need to stop overthinking everything. Whatever, I just need to get ready for homecoming and get this night over with. The faster I get it done with, the less it will hurt Juggie. I look at my phone and realize that it's 4:45. I wasted 2 hours overthinking and now I only have an hour and fifteen minutes before homecoming. I quickly take a 15 minute shower. I put on my black homecoming dress. I play Better Off and continue to do my hair and makeup. I look over at my phone and it's 5:30. Suddenly, I hear the doorbell ring so I put some heels on and rush downstairs. I open the door to find a handsome Jughead in front of me.

"Well Jug, you clean up nice," I say with a smile on my face.

"You do too. Well um actually you look nice everyday Ronnie. Um should we go now?"

I nod smiling and get in his motorcycle. Little did I know how heart wrenching this night will be...

Jughead's POV

As soon as I got released from detention I sprinted to my motorcycle. I drive home quickly while going slightly above the speed limit. I can't be late to homecoming and disappoint Ronnie. She's already gone through so much and I don't want her to think that I don't care about her. Even though we only reconnected a month ago, it feels like I never left her. I can safely say that I love her with all of my heart. I get home and quickly go into the shower. I spend a good ten minutes in there overthinking life. I get out and see that it is 5:05. I hurry and get into my tux. I quickly do my hair and put my beanie on. This hat is so special to me because my dad gave to me exactly a year before he got arrested. It is one of the most meaningful gifts I have ever received. I get on my motorcycle and drive over to Ronnie's house. I ring the doorbell and a stunning Veronica opens the door. I can't manage to say any words right now. There are no words in the universe to describe how perfect Ronnie looks right now. 

"Well Jug, you clean up nice."

"You do too. Well um actually you look nice everyday Ronnie. Um should we go now?" I manage to say.

I hold Veronica's hand as we walk over to my motorcycle. The trip, in silence, was a blur. The second we get to school, Veronica hops off without saying a word. I quickly park and I run over to her.

"Hey is there something going on? Are you feeling alright?"

"Yeah Jug, I just have a lot going on in my head," Veronica says as she avoids eye contact with me. A part of me doesn't believe that she's saying the full truth, another part of me says to leave it alone. As we walk in I hear a slurred Archie say, "Juuughead my dude, this punch tastes really good."

"Yeah Archie, that's probably because the punch is spiked and isn't Betty supposed to be with you right now since you know, she's your girlfriend."

"Oh yeah Betty. She's in the restroom." I roll my eyes as Veronica heads to the bathroom, probably to check on Betty. What kind of loser thinks it's fun to intoxicate a bunch of teenagers at a dance. 

"You know Jug, you have a pretty comfortable shoulder." I walk around the dance with Archie following me like a lost puppy for a couple of minutes. I see a few familiar faces together like Toni with Cheryl and Kevin with Jouquin. About 20 minutes later Betty and Veronica make their long awaited return. 

"Thanks Jughead, for taking care of Archie when um V and I were out."

"Yeah sure." I reply unenthusiastically. 

"Hey Jug, can I talk to you privately outside please?"

"Um yeah sure, Ronnie." I hated the way she worded it. It just gave me the feeling that something bad was about to happen. I mean she probably just wants to get out of the gym full of sweaty, tipsy teenagers. As we walk outside the silence murders me. Once we're outside, Veronica grabs my hands and begins to say the most heartbreaking words a person could ever hear...

A U T H O R' S  N O T E

------------------------------

sorry for leaving you guys on such a cliffhanger and that this chapter wasn't as long as I hoped it would be. i really wanted this to be published on christmas as a gift for all of you guys. sorry to the people on the east coast since it's no longer christmas there anymore. i hope to get the next chapter out soon and not make you guys wait another month.