Nine

Amelia's POV|Midnight

I scampered downstairs, holding my jacket tightly. Luckily enough nobody besides Jai and Ariana had stayed here since earlier. The rest of everyone had come and gone, disappearing again. Luke, though, was quite hard to budge into leaving. But Ariana convinced him that he needed to, and I quote, be a big boy and stop worrying, that she could take care of me and that he needed to eat. I'd shivered when she said that last part, it was creepy.

Luke reluctantly agreed, he also made sure I was going to be fine with just Ariana and Jai for a while, maybe a complete day. Little did he know that was a part of Ariana and I's plan. She seemed to understand I hated this and that I wanted out. So I was glad she wanted to help me. Although she was cautious around Jai, I could tell she was scared he was going to hate her.

"Be careful, I'm not sure if anyone's coming back now or soon," she'd sighed at me at the bottom of the stairs, "Are you sure about this?" She asked, giving me a brief hug. Even though I'd just met Ariana, she was so sweet and I did actually like her. Jai was lucky. Besides the fact Beau had mentioned earlier that they'd had a.. strange rough patch. He wouldn't go into detail though, mainly because he left.

"I'll be fine, I just, I'll have to figure a way back to my house." I noted in my head to make sure I memmorized what steps I was taking before I continued on. But in the back of my head I felt a knawing ache. I knew what I was doing could potentially cause a few issues, but I felt like it was the right thing to do. For myself, mainly. Luke seemed to be getting attached to me and I did not agree with the idea of that.

Ariana nodded, opening the door and peeking her head out quickly before turning back around to face me, "Seems like the coast is clear." She chirped quietly and looked behind me, up the stairs. Her face seemed to drain all color and immediately I had two guesses on who it was.

One : Jai.

Two : Luke.

More mainly against Ariana though, it was Jai. I took a deep breath, looking up at him next. "Look, Jai, I-"

"You don't need to explain to me." He shook his head, dropping down a few steps.

I looked at him while raising an eyebrow at Ariana stood by my side, "I don't?"

He shook his head, "No. You don't like it here. You want to go home.. I can't blame you. It's strange and it's hard to get used to." He sighed. "But Luke.." he looked at Ariana, "is that why you basically forced him out?"

Unable to speak it seems, Ariana merely nodded, her eyes focused on her feet which were currently only covered in her write socks with fluff around the rim around her ankles. "Ari, I'm not mad." Quickly, she looked up at him. "You're not?"

It seems like we were both questioning Jai's actions today.

"I'm a little upset, I'll admit, that is my brother. And you are mine." He sighed, scratching the nape of his neck. "But, I kind of figured you'd do this, you like to help people. I get that you're helping her." He nodded just as she smiled, wrapping her arms around his waist and resting her head on his chest.

"So.. I can go?" I raised an eyebrow, just watching them.

"I guess so." Jai nodded, wrapping an arm around Ariana's back.

I nodded also, turning away from them and moving toward the door. "Just," Jai paused and I looked over my shoulder back at him, "be careful." I nodded again, assuring him that I would be and left their house quickly, closing the door behind myself with barely any noise. And just like that, I began my way home.

Luke's POV|Before Jai showed up

"Seems the coast is clear," I heard Ariana basically murmur, not noticing I was sitting in the tree at the edge of the house, by the right corner. I'd heard almost all of her and Amelia's conversation and to say the least, I was pissed. Fuming. I felt like I could rip apart all of the trees surrounding me and not care at all if they killed anyone, not even myself.

But I noticed they stayed inside longer, in my head, I was hoping Amelia would stay. She'd realize she was making a mistake, making the wrong choice and stay and wait for me. Wait up for me and even tried to get closer to me. I'd noticed she'd been fairly even more distant than before, since right after she'd talked to Ariana, so I should've noticed this earlier.

Sadly, though, for me and for Amelia herself, she stepped outside, sighing as she closed the door behind herself. Her eyes scanned up and around her, so I made sure I was completely hidden from her eyes, her human and delicate eyes. One's I was even tempted to make permanately close even though I knew I'd regret that especially.

Grinding my teeth down onto one another as I watched her, I though what I'd do. But all I could really think about was that she was going to regret this. Just like Ariana would, and anyone else who helped her.

"You've made a mistake, Amelia, one you're going to regret soon."