Bumblebee x Mer!Reader

(I'm using a moray eel mer for the reader in this one, but use your imagination!) (Pre established relationship)

Y/N P.O.V

I was swimming with Bumblebee, my mate. Well, racing with my mate more like. Weaving in and out of the reef with my lean body, him trying to catch me from the outside. It's not like this is the first time we've done this. I laughed as I watched him try to copy my movements and end up stuck in the reef. 

"Oh dear! Hahaha! Are-*snort* are you okay Bee?" I laughed harder when he looked at me with exasperation written all over his face. He patiently waited for me to finish, before signing, asking for a bit of help getting out. I was more than happy to help him. I grabbed his hands and tried pulling him out of the rock from the front. Nothing. I went around back and tried pulling his tail out. Nothing. I swam around his prison, trying to find any weak spots I might be able to break to get him out.

Then, I see a small, almost unnoticeable crack in the rock. I scrape at it lightly, and to my luck, debris begins to break away from the main structure. I start savagely clawing at it, only thought on my mind is freeing my mate so he can swim with me again. After what feels like hours of attacking this rock, it finally get through to the bright yellow scales of Bumblebees' tail.

I grab hold of the rock and push it up, Bumblebee swimming out and doing a couple of loops and barrel rolls, clearly enjoying his freedom. I swim up to join him after I let the now destroyed rock loose. I look down, noticing a few scratches, and places where scales were scraped off when he swam into the rock.

"We should probably go back to the pod, Ratchet might need to take a look at those scratches." Bumblebee looks where I'm pointing and winces, silently agreeing with me as we swim back to the pods territory,

*Tem Skeeeep*

After thoroughly checking Bumblebee's tail, and scolding him for getting stuck in the first place, Ratchet lets him out of the med cave (I don't think the merformers med bay has an actual name, so I just say med cave). Bumblebee swims up to me and twirls me around, smiling the entire time. I smile too. Hopefully we'll be more careful when we race next time.

Meh. Probably not.